franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021

Sandboxie + Release v0.8.0 / 5.50.0

https://github.com/sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie/releases/tag/0.8.0

Note: Latest release

My f-secure safe block this file: SbieSvc.exe in Sandboxie-Classic-x64-v5.50.0. I run the file at VirusTotal and it seems fine but, is it a false positive? :unsure:

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I don't know if this is part of the F-Secure issue but the developer of NVT OSArmor suggested the Sbie dev also look into getting the .tmp setup file signed, not just the main .exe. I also have a problem w/SmartScreen and Sbie downloads, even though he got his cert signed a while ago. :rolleyes:

Well, these things can get a little pricey, I guess.

Source

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I don't know if this is part of the F-Secure issue but the developer of NVT OSArmor suggested the Sbie dev also look into getting the .tmp setup file signed, not just the main .exe. I also have a problem w/SmartScreen and Sbie, even though he got his cert signed a while ago. :rolleyes:

Well, these things can get a little pricey, I guess.

Source
Thank you for the info, I just send in the file, so I have to wait for the respones form f-secure..(y)

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
I had to run the diagnostic tools in f-secure to gather more information from the affected system, and send the result to f-secure so they could further check. :)

Reactions: Venustus

franz

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
May 29, 2021
This is the response from f-secure:
The detection occurs because the process "SbieSvc.exe" is trying to modify F-Secure processes (nif2_ols_ca.exe)

The detection will keep occurring even though the executable is already marked as clean in our system (because of the modification it tries to make to our program). As of this, the best solution would be to exclude the program directly.

In our case, the best option is to exclude the sample (SbieSvc.exe) directly through its path+filename.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.