From Hard_Configurator Tools
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
WDAG for Edge
  • relies on using MS Edge (non-Chromium build)
  • may experience no internet access
With all respect, the above are not convincing arguments. WDAG is for safe browsing, like safe browsers used in some Internet Security Suites. It does not have to be your favorite web browser.
The issue with Internet access is the exception and not the common issue.
Personally, I do not use WDAG because I need several virtual machines. Furthermore, WDAG was not perfectly stable ( had 2 BSOD events) on my system.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I didn't compile a complete list for reasons not to use WDAG for Edge. My post was primarily to promote an Alternative that every Home and Pro user could use.

Deleted Member 308817310

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 26, 2019
The issue with Internet access is the exception and not the common issue.
Windows 10 Sandbox is a new product therefore I think it is fair that they should have some room to breathe.

Personally, I do not use WDAG because I need several virtual machines.
I've recently stopped using all of Microsoft's virtualization-related technologies because of compatibility issues I suffer with VMware when using them. VMware is far more convenient for me than Hyper-V for the types of things I am doing... so I am sticking with VMware.

I've heard that Kaspersky used to have compatibility issues with nested virtualization as well - allegedly, they didn't support it. This might have since been changed over the years.

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
Chances of accidents increase after two hours of driving a car, so it is perfectly safe to defer using the safety belt for the first hour. :cautious:
It is an interesting example, so it deserves a comment. In your example, one silently assumes that the chances of accidents in the first hour are similar to the chances of accidents in the second hour.
The opposite is true when deferring Windows Updates. For the first few months, the chances of attack (for the home users) are very very low as compared to the chances of attack after the year.
So, the correct traffic example should be as follows:

No 'deferred Windows Updates' is like using the safety belt by the passenger before the car is moving.
Applying 'one month deferred Windows Updates' is like using the safety belt by the passenger after several seconds when the car is moving slowly.
Applying 'unregular Windows Updates' is like using the safety belt when the policeman is visible.:giggle:(y)

Last edited:

Windows_Security

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 13, 2016
@Andy Ful thank you very much for enriching my life with those valuable insights, my karma level has reached mount Fuji like level. Any higher and I am becoming a space oddity like Major Tom, zzzzzzzz floating away now, better take my protein pills and out my helmet on ..................

Andy Ful

Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 23, 2014
@Andy Ful thank you very much for enriching my life with those valuable insights, my karma level has reached mount Fuji like level. Any higher and I am becoming a space oddity like Major Tom, zzzzzzzz floating away now, better take my protein pills and out my helmet on ..................
Ha, ha. I like to get such insights to the people I respect. But please, do not float away too far from your computer. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.