Troubleshoot Sandy Bridge CPU and Windows 10

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Windows 10 is good, but what matters more to me is that my system fully supports it. Since Intel will never bother to write Windows 10 graphic drivers for my Sandy Bridge processor, the free upgrade makes no sense. Microsoft said my system was ready for Windows 10, but it turned out to be the opposite. I think Microsoft shouldn't have forced people with incompatible hardware like me to upgrade to Windows 10.
P.S Those who have Sandy Bridge processors just need to play an .mkv video on Windows 10 to see how incompatible their systems are.
I just played a few MKV files on Windows 10 with no dramas using several different players all were fine including the Windows players.

hoang2007

Level 1
Verified
Feb 22, 2015
I just played a few MKV files on Windows 10 with no dramas using several different players all were fine including the Windows players.
Do you have a Sandy Bridge processor and what is your graphic driver version? I had the latest driver from Windows update (9.17.10.4229) but still couldn't play .mkv videos properly. I experienced green screen and graphic corruption when playing back these videos by using Windows Media Player and Movie App. I also tried some .mkv samples from this site: Download Sample Videos / Dummy Videos For Demo Use and got black screen. I think Intel Windows 8.1 graphic driver is the cause.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Yes i g
Do you have a Sandy Bridge processor and what is your graphic driver version? I had the latest driver from Windows update (9.17.10.4229) but still couldn't play .mkv videos properly. I experienced green screen and graphic corruption when playing back these videos by using Windows Media Player and Movie App. I also tried some .mkv samples from this site: Download Sample Videos / Dummy Videos For Demo Use and got black screen. I think Intel Windows 8.1 graphic driver is the cause.
Yes i got the Sandy Bridge chip-set i just checked again and my graphic driver is AMD Radeon HD7600 and i downloaded the fourth file and it played the giant bunny clip without a hitch. ;)

Reactions: Rishi and hoang2007
Upvote 0

hoang2007

Level 1
Verified
Feb 22, 2015
Yes i g

Yes i got the Sandy Bridge chip-set i just checked again and my graphic driver is AMD Radeon HD7600 and i downloaded the fourth file and it played the giant bunny clip without a hitch. ;)
Do you have Intel graphic driver 9.17.10.4229 installed? It is strange because I couldn't play that bunny video using Movie App and Windows Media Player. By the way, I have an Intel Core i5-2410M and NVIDIA 525M.

Reactions: frogboy
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.