Pro
System Architecture
64-bit OS
User Access Control
Always Notify
Firewall
3rd-party Firewall - Network security provided by a trusted vendor
Device Security
Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
User Account
Recent Security Incidents
No malware or privacy issues
Malware Testing
None - No Malware on host PC or VM
Real-time Web & Malware Protection
AVG
AVG firewall
Sandboxie Lifetime
Virus and Malware Removal Tools
Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium
Malwarebytes Anti-exploit Premium
Winpatrol Free
Browsers and Extensions
Firefox, Adblock Plus, Privacy Setting
Chrome, uBlock Origin
Opera
Web Privacy
Adblock, uBlock
Password Management
LastPass
Default Web Search
DuckDuckGo
System Utilities
erase caches weekly
Data Backup
Reinstall Windows every 6 monts or so
Frequency of Data backups
None
Frequency of System backups
None

scifi

Level 1
Have you considered using a VM for the extra software you download from Giveaways?
Actually I have. But it really isn't needed. The giveaways are all benign. Or at least they have been up to now. I probably shouldn't have said that.:confused: Most everything is from Giveawayradar. The people running these giveaway websites would be closed down the next day that there was a hint of a virus/trojan/worm/etc introduced by their offerings. And then would come the lawsuits.......:rolleyes:

N

Noxx

Actually I have. But it really isn't needed. The giveaways are all benign. Or at least they have been up to now. I probably shouldn't have said that.:confused: Most everything is from Giveawayradar. The people running these giveaway websites would be closed down the next day that there was a hint of a virus/trojan/worm/etc introduced by their offerings. And then would come the lawsuits.......:rolleyes:
Most (if not all) of the giveaway websites you typically see on this forum are trustworthy, and sponsored by the software companies who developed the product themselves.

L

Lucent Warrior

I think the point @Huracan was trying to make is that if you use the Virtual Machines to test or use those products for a bit, you will not have the headache of having to uninstall and clean up after doing so.

Reactions: scifi