Pro
    System type
    64-bit operating system; x64-based processor
    User Access Control
    Always Notify
    Network Security (Firewall)
    3rd-party Firewall app by a trusted vendor
    Device Security
  • Windows Defender SmartScreen (Windows 10)
  • User Account
    Sign-in Accounts
    Malware Testing
    I do not participate in downloading malware samples
    Real-time Web & Malware Protection
    AVG
    AVG firewall
    Sandboxie Lifetime
    Virus and Malware Removal Tools
    Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium
    Malwarebytes Anti-exploit Premium
    Winpatrol Free
    Browsers and Extensions
    Firefox, Adblock Plus, Privacy Setting
    Chrome, uBlock Origin
    Opera
    Privacy-focused Apps and Extensions
    Adblock, uBlock
    Password Managers
  • LastPass
  • Web Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • System Utilities
    erase caches weekly
    Data Backup
    Reinstall Windows every 6 monts or so
    Frequency of Data backups
    None
    Frequency of System backups
    None

scifi

Level 1
    Have you considered using a VM for the extra software you download from Giveaways?
    Actually I have. But it really isn't needed. The giveaways are all benign. Or at least they have been up to now. I probably shouldn't have said that.:confused: Most everything is from Giveawayradar. The people running these giveaway websites would be closed down the next day that there was a hint of a virus/trojan/worm/etc introduced by their offerings. And then would come the lawsuits.......:rolleyes:

N

Noxx

Actually I have. But it really isn't needed. The giveaways are all benign. Or at least they have been up to now. I probably shouldn't have said that.:confused: Most everything is from Giveawayradar. The people running these giveaway websites would be closed down the next day that there was a hint of a virus/trojan/worm/etc introduced by their offerings. And then would come the lawsuits.......:rolleyes:
    Most (if not all) of the giveaway websites you typically see on this forum are trustworthy, and sponsored by the software companies who developed the product themselves.

L

Lucent Warrior

I think the point @Huracan was trying to make is that if you use the Virtual Machines to test or use those products for a bit, you will not have the headache of having to uninstall and clean up after doing so.

Reactions: scifi