erase caches weekly
File and Photo backup
Reinstall Windows every 6 monts or so

scifi

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 28, 2014
Have you considered using a VM for the extra software you download from Giveaways?
Actually I have. But it really isn't needed. The giveaways are all benign. Or at least they have been up to now. I probably shouldn't have said that.:confused: Most everything is from Giveawayradar. The people running these giveaway websites would be closed down the next day that there was a hint of a virus/trojan/worm/etc introduced by their offerings. And then would come the lawsuits.......:rolleyes:

N

Noxx

Actually I have. But it really isn't needed. The giveaways are all benign. Or at least they have been up to now. I probably shouldn't have said that.:confused: Most everything is from Giveawayradar. The people running these giveaway websites would be closed down the next day that there was a hint of a virus/trojan/worm/etc introduced by their offerings. And then would come the lawsuits.......:rolleyes:

Most (if not all) of the giveaway websites you typically see on this forum are trustworthy, and sponsored by the software companies who developed the product themselves.

L

Lucent Warrior

I think the point @Huracan was trying to make is that if you use the Virtual Machines to test or use those products for a bit, you will not have the headache of having to uninstall and clean up after doing so.

Reactions: scifi

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.