Troubleshoot Screen colour gone crazy

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
Hi, my laptop screen is acting strange. There are several red blots and images and pictures look shabby. Can anyone help. Has anyone encountered this before??

upload_2014-4-22_12-11-42.png

Last edited by a moderator:

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
@ravi: mujhe lagta hai kay apki lcd/led screen main masla hai. You can get it replaced though.
Hi Sher, probably. Sick Dell people told it would cost 12k:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Screenshot is very small. can't see anything.
Thanks viktik, since it is not allowing larger image I posted a smaller one. Feel as if the led screen is gone:confused:g

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Viktik gave you good information!
Assuming it is not a defect,did you update the drivers recently?

Reactions: trainbus120
Upvote 0

trainbus120

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Sep 12, 2013
If you did not do anything, then its manufacturing defect.
So dell must replace it for free.

High moisture in air can cause problem in monitor. So you should take care of monitor in rainy season.
Thanks viktik!!! My system is some 4 years old. So probably my excessive usage might be behind this:confused::mad:

Viktik gave you good information!
Assuming it is not a defect,did you update the drivers recently?
Hi dear!! Probably every thing apart from my excessive usage which could have led to this I feel is fine:rolleyes:

Reactions: Venustus
Upvote 0

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
my old laptop is 10 years old. At-least 5 years of excessive use. monitor is still working good.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
If they are red dots then they might just be stuck pixels.White dots would be dead pixels.There are online tests and also fixes for stuck pixels.Since you are probably past the warranty you can try and fix the problem before buying a new screen
Here is a link with some fixes
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/co...to-fix-dead-pixels-on-your-lcd-monitor-598484

You can post a larger image.Click upload a file next to post reply>choose the file>after it loads click thumbnail.When you click on the thumbnail it will then open the larger image in a window.Click below for an example
R30neilraft.jpg

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.