Solved Screen very dim

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
Not sure if this is in the right spot or not, sorry if it is. Anyways I left my laptop open over night, I woke up this morning and the screen was black, figured it was just in sleep mode like it always is and all I usually had to do was move the mouse and the screen would appear. This time when I went to do that nothing happend, then I noticed that my screen was very very dim, barely visable, but visable. Not sure what happend. Any options?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Restart the laptop? Plug in the power AC adapter. Often laptops when on low battery will dim the screen to save battery.

Upvote 0

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
MrXidus said:
Restart the laptop? Plug in the power AC adapter. Often laptops went on low battery will dim the screen to save battery.

I've done that, right now it's just plugged into the AC since my battery is bad... I forgot to add another part, when I woke up this morning, I closed the lid and reopend it, when it opend back up the screen appeared normally, then went back to very dim, did that a few times now it just stays that way. Barely visable.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Did u checked your power settings? maybe you are on save power mode. Also try to adjust the light via your keyboard functions.

Upvote 0

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Did u checked your power settings? maybe you are on save power mode. Also try to adjust the light via your keyboard functions.

Can't even see the screen enough to really do anything so I'm not sure. I tried to ajust with the keyboard and nothing happend.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Go in bathroom with your laptop. turn off the light ^^ you should be able to see something. then check your power settings.

Upvote 0

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
Go in bathroom with your laptop. turn off the light ^^ you should be able to see something. then check your power settings.

Hmm, everything seems to be the same. Could it be the black light going out possibly?

Upvote 0
I

illumination

JayJay said:
MrXidus said:
Restart the laptop? Plug in the power AC adapter. Often laptops went on low battery will dim the screen to save battery.

I've done that, right now it's just plugged into the AC since my battery is bad... I forgot to add another part, when I woke up this morning, I closed the lid and reopend it, when it opend back up the screen appeared normally, then went back to very dim, did that a few times now it just stays that way. Barely visable.

Check the VGA cord first, if it is not the cord, it will be the backlight in the monitor..

Upvote 0

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
Did you try using another screen that works to see if this is a laptop display problem ?
If everything works on a external monitor then chances are that your backlight has gone bad.
Troubleshooting laptop with backlight failure - http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/09/05/troubleshooting-laptop-with-backlight-failure/

Upvote 0

JayJay

Thread author
Nov 7, 2011
Linuxfever said:
Did you try using another screen that works to see if this is a laptop display problem ?
If everything works on a external monitor then chances are that your backlight has gone bad.
Troubleshooting laptop with backlight failure - http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2007/09/05/troubleshooting-laptop-with-backlight-failure/

I hooked it up to my tv, and worked just fine. So it's probably my blacklight. Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.