Advice Request Script blocker for chrome?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Is it recommended for security reasons to run a script blocker in the browser, in addition to an ad blocker such as Ublock origin?

Or does a script blocker fail to improve security?

what about "ScriptBlock" for chrome? Is there a better chrome extension for this?

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
both those ideas look good for advanced users, but I am mainly interested in general web security, I am not so much into user control and rich functionality. Maybe a script blocker is unnecessary for me?

Kalashnikov

Level 2
Verified
Apr 13, 2016
Individual issues ... if for browsing the Internet using a sandbox which the supplement is completely superfluous .. This uMatrix, it's like they say, "Firewall for the browser," and something in it .. If I did not use CCAV, would add to the anti-virus add-on . Your choice:)

Reactions: shmu26

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I used to use "NoScript" before I moved to AdGuard Premium, have you given that one a "look see" ?
PeAcE

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.