App Review Second Opinion Scanners vs Worms

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
I

illumination

Pathfinder- In pre-production I actually did the test both at Default setting seen in this video as well as with the EWS checked in Advanced settings (this done privately). As I'm sure you know, EWS will include just loads and loads of valid dll's, sys, and exe files that reside in System32 (on the system I used in the video the number was 34). However the actual malware detection is exactly the same as in the video (2).

Over the years I've seen a number of people who are NOT advanced users choose to decide to change the "Ignore" to "Delete". Needless to say this has always ended in Tears. As my audience includes Novices, I made a conscious decision NOT to even highlight EWS. I hope you understand.

I do thank you for pointing this out! I should have included a statement about this at least in the YouTube comments.
Thank you CS, as always, a pleasure watching you do your thing.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I would like to use NPE but when I try to use it I get stuck in an endless loop of restarting.
ScreenHunter_94 Mar. 31 16.30.jpg

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
You should try Trend Housecall. I'm surprised it wasn't tested. Trend Housecall is extremely effective as an on-demand second opinion scanner and has some healthy generic detection systems in it. We've had worms that weren't detected by any tool BUT THC.. Mind you, I am no fan of Trend, but THC is an effective tool.

I've been saying for weeks I won't be renewing my Hitmanpro licenses after they expire. Now everyone knows why. :unsure:

... and great test, but surprised not to see emsi EEK not tested?

erreale

Level 9
Verified
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Oct 22, 2016

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.