Not open for further replies.

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Hi guys , I access the forum always by mobile , where I have adguard with these filters :

English
Spyware
Annoyances
Social media
Mobile ads
Safari
Easylist
Easy privacy
Various fanboy
Easylist Italy
Malware domanis
Spam 404

Could you help me figure out why it prevent me to open just few threads?

Last one is that one about LinkedIn by Spawn

It shows blank page

Url : about:blank

Thank you for reading

Last edited:
W

Wave

Days ago a thread by someone from hemidal, I don't remember the name now sorry

This one @BoraMurdar https://malwaretips.com/threads/linkedin-phishing-campaign-pretends-to-care-for-your-security.65216

Wow always LinkedIn
Maybe it was just blocked based on some sort of keyword identification (e.g. "phishing", maybe some keywords in my post set it off)... There's nothing in the thread content itself I would have imagined to get blocked. Strange behaviour... o_O

Can you go through the settings and disable filters and re-test until you find the filter responsible for causing the blocks? As well as this, does Adguard support a white-list so you can prevent blocking on https://www.malwaretips.com/* ?

For a more reliable opinion, you can try to consult the Adguard development team themselves by reaching out to customer support (ask for them to pass on the details and have a message passed back to you). See this link: Adguard - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software (you can use the 'Submit a Ticket' option). They can most likely do some check-ups and highlight the issue (as to which specific element/factor caused the block overall) at ease.

Hope this helped. :)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi guys , I access the forum always by mobile , where I have adguard with these filters :

English
Spyware
Annoyances
Social media
Mobile ads
Safari
Easylist
Easy privacy
Various fanboy
Easylist Italy
Malware domanis
Spam 404

Could you help me figure out why it prevent me to open just few threads?

Last one is that one about LinkedIn by Spawn

It shows blank page

Url : about:blank

Thank you for reading

Hey @Dirk41,
Ok, I've installed AdGuard, and on default settings there are no issues. It loads perfectly, so it's something related to your system or software settings.
1.jpg
I've then added all your extra-filters (not sure why you have so many as they really slow down the browser...), and it still works perfectly. It does block the top "News" bar because it's related to Twitter (and one of the filters (Easylist) that you've added is for social media), however the page still loads without any issues.
2.jpg

Now, the questions.

1. You get that "about:blank" page each time you try to open the thread, right? This wasn't just a one time thing, right?
  2. Can you visit that thread again, and check the Logs (AdBlocker > Open filtering log> type malwaretips.com) to see what AdGuard is blocking.
    3.jpg 4.jpg

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Ok guys thank you I did not want to bother you so much :)

Jack : this is adguard for iOS , I don't have that log option, or i can't find at least . And yes I got about:blank everytime

@Jack @Wave @Exterminator i confirm you that after whitelisting MT no more problems it seems

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2913

Try disabling the filters, I suspect spyware, annoyances, privacy or various fanboy.

Is there Adguard Stealth Mode in Adguard Android & have you enabled it?

Reactions: frogboy and Dirk41

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
for IOS,android, or windows, I am unable to or not knowledgable enough to make it play nice. It is always so slow loading pages for me, I wonder if its that tunneling they do to avoid the ads. I have tried for 2 days, but i gave up.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

Dirk41

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
for IOS,android, or windows, I am unable to or not knowledgable enough to make it play nice. It is always so slow loading pages for me, I wonder if its that tunneling they do to avoid the ads. I have tried for 2 days, but i gave up.

itìs a pity..try to ask on adguard forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.