Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I use it as audit of MD.I rarely if ever use one for myself but for others I usually use Malwarebytes - As for myself, I do find it not really necessary to keep scanning my own systems unless you often go into the valleys of deep shadows where often dragons live![]()
After we added that manually (in the past for tests in the Malware Hub) to KVRT and NPE both found more malware traces...C:\Users\.....\AppData\
C:\ProgramData\
I scan the whole C drive, not just relying on default scan.If possible in settings of your favorite on-demand scanner(s), adding the following user folders:
After we added that manually (in the past for tests in the Malware Hub) to KVRT and NPE both found more malware traces...
KVRT has the advantage of scan speed; NPE scanned C and D in 10 hours, compared to only 1 h 20 min for KVRT.In Essense, these 2 are the best
In order to get a "real" full scan, you have to manually select drive C.I mostly use Trend Housecall as it always update before the app starts.
Eset is another one that you can update.
KVRT is good too but needs to redownload the latest app version to have the latest signatures.
Those above feels like a full scan is really a full scan.
The rest got full scan too but I always feel it's really not full and it seems they are skipping some directories.
KVRT has the advantage of scan speed; NPE scanned C and D in 10 hours, compared to only 1 h 20 min for KVRT.
Forgot to Add Emsisoft is also ok.In order to get a "real" full scan, you have to manually select drive C.
Never tried on-demand one by Fsecure or Panda; EEK is good, but utilizes the largest amount of RAM compared to NPE and KVRT.Forgot to Add Emsisoft is also ok.
The scan which I feel are too fast is the Fsecure, Panda Cloud Cleaner and some others that I can't remember.
I sometimes scan a win10_VM with EEK and scan was (seemed) pretty quick (fwiw)Norton, Kaspersky, Eset and Malwarebytes are what I occasionally use, I gave up on Emsisoft as it was taking way too long to update in my VM.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes