Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
-http://download.cnet.com/Secure-Antivirus-360/3000-2239_4-77391279.html

I was not sure about it's known reputation or whether it's safe for general users. I booted up VBox to see what it offered, here's a few screenshots.

Is there any further information about it's virus engine, is it licensed, who are the developers? Is it a scam?

Other UI

1.png 2.png 4.png

Main UI

3.png

Y

yigido

from your cnet link.. the publisher is
Code:
http://www.printtechsupport.com/index'
It is a support scam! The website also blocked by Bitdefender, ESET & Malwarebytes hpHosts
So no need an adventure..uninstall it and report it to CNET..
I can't believe how they release such things as legal..

Last edited by a moderator:

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
from your cnet link.. the publisher is here
It is a support scam! The website also blocked by Bitdefender, ESET & Malwarebytes hpHosts
So no need an adventure..uninstall it and report it to CNET..
I can't believe how they release such things as legal..
That's why I didn't link the Homepage to the software. I downloaded straight from Cnet in VM.

G

Guest28

Fake avs are coming back??? I use to love the support chats they offered back in 2007-2008. I'm going to download this and troll them Beyond comprehension. I use to love adware alerts chat I would spend hours clogging their systems up

jamescv7

Level 61
Verified
Trusted
I see the obvious part of the interface.

Usually the telephone hotline is not usually visible on the interface but on proper location; second the description/labels inputted are not professionally created.

From the first place, I thought something related to Qihoo 360 but definitely none since '360' is not a patented name label.

Y

yigido

I see the obvious part of the interface.

Usually the telephone hotline is not usually visible on the interface but on proper location; second the description/labels inputted are not professionally created.

From the first place, I thought something related to Qihoo 360 but definitely none since '360' is not a patented name label.
Obviously, this is not an AV, it is just an interface to throw the phone number to victim's faces.

O

Omnipotent

You can tell from just the name that it's fake. I'm not going to lie though, the interface looks appealing.

Reactions: AtlBo and SHvFl
Y

yigido

@Wave are you digging into it? Is it fake or legal app with poor reputation?
I suspect that from GUI (844 XXX XXX Call Free Support) it can be fake
Edit: It is fake! Stay away1