Advice Request Secure Antivirus 360 - Found on Cnet

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
-http://download.cnet.com/Secure-Antivirus-360/3000-2239_4-77391279.html

I was not sure about it's known reputation or whether it's safe for general users. I booted up VBox to see what it offered, here's a few screenshots.

Is there any further information about it's virus engine, is it licensed, who are the developers? Is it a scam?

Other UI

1.png 2.png 4.png

Main UI

3.png

Y

yigido

from your cnet link.. the publisher is
Code:
http://www.printtechsupport.com/index'

It is a support scam! The website also blocked by Bitdefender, ESET & Malwarebytes hpHosts
So no need an adventure..uninstall it and report it to CNET..
I can't believe how they release such things as legal..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
from your cnet link.. the publisher is here
It is a support scam! The website also blocked by Bitdefender, ESET & Malwarebytes hpHosts
So no need an adventure..uninstall it and report it to CNET..
I can't believe how they release such things as legal..
That's why I didn't link the Homepage to the software. I downloaded straight from Cnet in VM.

G

Guest28

Fake avs are coming back??? I use to love the support chats they offered back in 2007-2008. I'm going to download this and troll them Beyond comprehension. I use to love adware alerts chat I would spend hours clogging their systems up

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I see the obvious part of the interface.

Usually the telephone hotline is not usually visible on the interface but on proper location; second the description/labels inputted are not professionally created.

From the first place, I thought something related to Qihoo 360 but definitely none since '360' is not a patented name label.

Y

yigido

I see the obvious part of the interface.

Usually the telephone hotline is not usually visible on the interface but on proper location; second the description/labels inputted are not professionally created.

From the first place, I thought something related to Qihoo 360 but definitely none since '360' is not a patented name label.
Obviously, this is not an AV, it is just an interface to throw the phone number to victim's faces.

Y

yigido

@Wave are you digging into it? Is it fake or legal app with poor reputation?
I suspect that from GUI (844 XXX XXX Call Free Support) it can be fake
Edit: It is fake! Stay away1

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.