New Features Secure your MalwareTips Account - Enable Two-Step Verification

Did you enable Two-Step Verification for your MalwareTips account?

• Yes

Votes: 135 30.0%
  • No, but I will now

Votes: 158 35.1%
  • No, I do not need this

Votes: 157 34.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svoll

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 17, 2016
I'll give this a try, I really dislike constantly having to type in password twice, same reason I disable UAC, because of the contant prompts, but have enable UAC due to member suggestions and gotten used to the notifications.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
can lastpass figure that out,i mean two steps verification?:confused:
It has nothing to do with LastPass. LastPass has multifactor Authentication if you enable it.It will still auto fill your username and password on MT
You enable two step verification and select how you want to receive the code email,text message.
You will receive a code that you must enter to log in and you will also receive back up codes.
You can tick "trust this computer for 30 days"

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Should this be a recommendation to all new members?
Everyone should have 2FA enabled, and the new members or the members who are not using this feature, will see a pop-up (will appear only once for 60 seconds) recommending this extra security step.
I know that needing a second step to login may be seen as a hassle, however with the "email verification" and the "30 days - trust this device" feature, it should be very easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.