SecureAPlus as StandAlone Protection

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Thanks. I don't recall reading that the last time I had SAP installed. I think what I'm hearing is that ClamWin is Apex? But from what I read about it. would it be heavier and less protective than Windows Defender? My older laptop runs OK with WD, but I feel like there is some slowdown with it running compared to, say, Kaspersky Cloud Free that I tried out a few weeks ago. Boot ups and opening folders seemed to take less time. So now I wonder if I need any AV at all? The SAP site talks about it running alongside a 3rd party AV, but is it necessary with the cloud antivuruses that are a part of its protection? I think that was answered. But I just want to make sure before I disable Windows Defender to see if my laptop becomes a bit more responsive.
Thanks for the link sorry I duplicated it .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.