SecureAPlus is now known as CatchPulse (new product)

Zartarra

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 9, 2019
Well I tested today the new CatchPulse. The good things first: it has a nicer UI. Ram usage seems better managed. The bad things: on my VM the UI crashed when running several malware samples. Even a suddenly restart of the system out of the blue. The detection rate was poor. The script detecting was even worse. Last time I tested it, it detected alot of samples. I hope they can improve it in the future. It has some nice features.

1chaoticadult

Level 2
Verified
Jul 29, 2013
Well I tested today the new CatchPulse. The good things first: it has a nicer UI. Ram usage seems better managed. The bad things: on my VM the UI crashed when running several malware samples. Even a suddenly restart of the system out of the blue. The detection rate was poor. The script detecting was even worse. Last time I tested it, it detected alot of samples. I hope they can improve it in the future. It has some nice features.
Can you redo your test with just APEX installed, without Cloud AV and Vulnerability Scanner? I heard it does a better job blocking without with their crappy UAV interfering.

Last edited:

Mystic

Level 4
Verified
Aug 25, 2022
I used the product for a few days, but whenever I sign in to my local non-admin account I get a BSOD. This only happen when CP is present on the system. Uninstalling it fixes the issue.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

I get an email from them

Dear CatchPulse User,
We will be conducting our annual server maintenance next week at the following date/time:
Thursday, 24 November 9 am to 6 pm Singapore time GMT +8
Wednesday, 23 November 5 pm to Thursday 24 November 2 am PST
Wednesday, 23 November 8 pm to Thursday 24 November 5 am PST
We will be using this time to improve our server infrastructure in order to serve you better.
During this maintenance window, some web services like the Cloud AV and the CatchPulse Portal will be inaccessible. Rest assured that all on-device offline protection such as the CatchPulse AI Scan, Allowlist, and Application Control will still be at work.
For more information on what services are affected, please refer to our official notice.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email at catchpulse@secureage.com

Cheers,
The CatchPulse team

With best Regards
Mops21

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.