Status
Not open for further replies.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hello @Mops21 , you can restore a single file from the quarantine or also all files quarantined with restore buttons.
About definitions SecureMyBit DHScan will have only an heuristic engine ;)

Hi @JM Security

Thanknk you very much for your Infos

Can you add your Scan engines to virustotal, virscan.org, herdprotect, Metascan and to opswat please

With best Regards
Mops21

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi @JM Security

Any infos for a Alert popup message

Any infos for the Realtime Protektion

With best Regards
Mops21
When an analysis finishes there is a notification.
About Real-Time protection currently there is no plan to add it.
Hi @JM Security

Have you in the Program a about section about your Program with the Versionsnummer and with the definitionsnumber with all Dates

With best Regards
Mops21
There is the about button which tells you the version of the software, SecureMyBit DHScan by default automatically check updates when you open the program, but you can also check updates manually with the button "Check for updates..." in about button.

D

Deleted member 65228

I tested the software out in a Virtual Machine with some malware samples, it flagged all of them as malicious and quarantined them which was great to see! I noticed it can be quite aggressive with clean software as well (e.g. quarantined idaq.exe -> from IDA) but the utility is pretty good IMO

I noticed it can't scan *.dll or *.sys files yet? :( You might want to check the bytes for MZ and other characteristics though instead of depending on the file extension because attackers can use fake extensions for a Portable Executable and have it still executed in memory!! :)

Thanks for your hard work on this, looking forward to the future updates ;)

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
I tested the software out in a Virtual Machine with some malware samples, it flagged all of them as malicious and quarantined them which was great to see! I noticed it can be quite aggressive with clean software as well (e.g. quarantined idaq.exe -> from IDA) but the utility is pretty good IMO

I noticed it can't scan *.dll or *.sys files yet? :( You might want to check the bytes for MZ and other characteristics though instead of depending on the file extension because attackers can use fake extensions for a Portable Executable and have it still executed in memory!! :)

Thanks for your hard work on this, looking forward to the future updates ;)
Hey @Opcode thanks for your feedback, SecureMyBit DHScan is mainly an EXE Analyzer, with the future updates we will try to improve it as much as possible and also reduce False Positives, unfortunately this is not easy because of the heuristic scan, but it's good to see that it quarantined all malware samples.

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
When an analysis finishes there is a notification.
About Real-Time protection currently there is no plan to add it.

There is the about button which tells you the version of the software, SecureMyBit DHScan by default automatically check updates when you open the program, but you can also check updates manually with the button "Check for updates..." in about button.

Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos

With best Regards
Mops21

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Download SecureMyBit DHScan 1.2 Beta

What’s new?

• Added the possibility to choose if autoquarantine file(s) or not.
  • Heuristic engine updated to increase detection of keyloggers, mouseloggers and Anti-Sandbox/Anti-VM techniques.
  • Added analysis timestamp in the analysis report.
  • Added the possiblity to analyse also subfolders.
  • Bugs fixed.
Thanks to @Opcode for some suggestions.

smbdhscan12.png

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
SecureMyBit DHScan is temporarily removed from our official website.

We are working on a new concept.
Stay tuned :)

Hi @JM Security

Will the new concept a new Programm from you or a new concept of SecureMy Bit DHScan

Must i uninstall the old one or can i update the old Version to the new ones

With best Regards
Mops21

Reactions: JM Safe and Daljeet
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.