Advice Request Security app with the web protection for "other" Internet browsers

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JKozarac

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2014
Can you tell me (recommend me) which security Android application has the web protection feature BUT that that feature is possible with the most Internet browsers not only with the Android default browser or Google Chrome.
For example: ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus supports only default browser and Google Chrome. Ikarus Mobile Security as well. I want the security app which has the web security feature that supports Opera or Firefox or any other browser. Do you know some unless BitDefender Mobile Security & Antivirus which has that feature, (only for Firefox, not for Opera).

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I use Adguard Android paid version that blocks ads and web threats acting at OS level then I think all browsers are supported.
Of course it is not an antivirus but you can use it alongside the one you are already using.

oneeye

Level 4
Verified
Jul 14, 2014
Sophos mobile security is free, no ads, and very comprehensive. It covers Firefox and chrome, plus multitudes of features. Check it out, they tested in the top of the two major testing companies, AV Test, & AV Comparatives. But really, the best thing you can dip in Firefox, is just harden the browser itself with
add-ons. Also, using one of the adblocker apk's that are no-root, is a better solution for other times. Especially the ones you can find over at XDA Developers. Blockthis.com is free, and Blockada is the name of another. Both filter more than just ads, and are dead simple to use. Anyways, Hope this helps.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Avira pro mobile has in browser protection
( bitdefender And most let the page Load after it loades they warm you with à pop-up to leave it But its still
Not blocked. )

I dont know the browsers Avira support But i try to find it.

ant_gamal

Level 5
Verified
Dec 30, 2016
i know dr.web supports opera too. in fact very good webshield.
i use it now but have some issue

1- heavy if you run scan you can not use another app if you scan ( my mobile asus with intel 4 core processor )
2- not running in the background i do not know why although i make configuration to run when phone start up so i must run it and not close it

i tried bitdefender great but i do not know support of browser cos i use chrome all the time
the best i think

hope to try kaspersky

Reactions: Game Of Thrones

Game Of Thrones

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2014
i use it now but have some issue

1- heavy if you run scan you can not use another app if you scan ( my mobile asus with intel 4 core processor )
2- not running in the background i do not know why although i make configuration to run when phone start up so i must run it and not close it

i tried bitdefender great but i do not know support of browser cos i use chrome all the time
the best i think

hope to try kaspersky
i did not had any of this problems, but i myself do not use a security app on my s8 plus do not download unknown apps and download from google play and you are 99% safe

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: RXZ6Q

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Sophos mobile security is free, no ads, and very comprehensive. It covers Firefox and chrome, plus multitudes of features. Check it out, they tested in the top of the two major testing companies, AV Test, & AV Comparatives. But really, the best thing you can dip in Firefox, is just harden the browser itself with
add-ons. Also, using one of the adblocker apk's that are no-root, is a better solution for other times. Especially the ones you can find over at XDA Developers. Blockthis.com is free, and Blockada is the name of another. Both filter more than just ads, and are dead simple to use. Anyways, Hope this helps.
What kind of add-ons would you reccomend for hardening Firefox Android?

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I use Sophos mobile security. It offers plenty of features, it's ad free and offers solid protection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.