Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Okay, well the edit option to edit your security configurations, don't work either for my usergroup or for the entire forum (excluding staff).

Zxt3jmn.png

Need's fixed, because other wise you will have so many new threads just for an update.

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
You can only edit the title and the text below the "charts". The charts are coded in the website, only staff can edit that.

Reactions: McLovin

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That's what I mean, it need to be able that a user can edit it, if not your going to have staff overloaded with PM's asking to get their config edited.

So much better than creating a new config thread everytime there is a slight change.

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
That's what I mean, it need to be able that a user can edita it, if not your going to have staff overloaded with PM's asking to get their config edited.

So much better than creating a new config thread everytime there is a slight change.

That's what I said in the previous post. This function is most probably coded into the forum software (XenForo) and thus only admins are able to edit it.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
That's what I said in the previous post. This function is most probably coded into the forum software (XenForo) and thus only admins are able to edit it.

No doubt there. Never have been a big fan of XenForo, always been a MyBB fan.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I think if members werent editing their config on a regular basis that you could PM one of us and we would be able to edit it for you.If this wasn't a daily or weekly think you could just make a new one otherwise,depending on the amount of replies,editing the OP will not bump the thread.Even if you bump it,many will never go back and look at the changes.I think it would be easier to just make a new updated config.
Just like MyBB,VB,ect. every function,access,ect. has permissions.I dont have access to the Admin Control Panel but I imagine that editing the entire thread is moderators and up permissions.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Just like MyBB,VB,ect. every function,access,ect. has permissions.I dont have access to the Admin Control Panel but I imagine that editing the entire thread is moderators and up permissions.

I know for a fact that it can be done. Should not be that hard to do it.

D

Deleted member 178

umbra said with a tremendous voice from the underworld accompanied with explosive thunders:

"i will edit your security config thread header if your changes deserve it !!!"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.