Security configuration fields suggestion

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Linux Distro selection and kernel version will be nice to have. Even for Mobile Security Config threads, OS version is important.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
User Access Control: Always Notfiy - just a small typo

User Access Control: With Password or Without. Since that makes a huge difference.

UAC bypass can not easily bypass the password. Granted some tweaks are needed to prevent password being exploited, like:
Code:
reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\WDigest" /v "UseLogonCredential" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f
reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v "CachedLogonsCount" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I have suggestion, in my opinion, it's required for mobile security

Like we mentioned Recent Malware Attacks in Pc security config.
Its required to mentioned
  • Jailbreak
  • Root
With this tiles, we know the mobile security better and many peoples have jailbroken & Rooted devices but they forget mentioned it in the thread

Reactions: Vasudev

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I have suggestion, in my opinion, it's required for mobile security

Like we mentioned Recent Malware Attacks in Pc security config.
Its required to mentioned
  • Jailbreak
  • Root
With this tiles, we know the mobile security better and many peoples have jailbroken & Rooted devices but they forget mentioned it in the thread
Nice suggestion.
Also add options such as Unlocked Bootloader(Android, Windows and iOS) or non UEFI boot mode(Windows Phones)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Personal Details
Which antivirus is installed on your device?
AV: add Fortinet or FortiClient (please) :)

Attachments

• capture_02072018_225030.jpg
    capture_02072018_225030.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 363
Reactions: Vasudev

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.