Security configurations for member: iceboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceboy

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
running Windows 10 Pro with KIS as security software and adguard as an adblocking program.

My Desktop Multimedia-PC is a Medion Microstar with 16GB of DDR3 RAM, 4GB GDDR5 nVidia 970 Graphics, 2TB HDD & 256GB SSD, runing from an Intel Quad Core i7 7600 CPU @3.40 GHz @3.41GHz

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hi.

Pls add UAC => Always or at least default.
Os-File reputation => Turned of why? Turn it on.
Back Up! => Macrium, Aomei free are good choices.
Add Https-Everywhere extension
Consider use Sua in daily basic.
Also sbie in pocket is always good to have.

Thanks for sharing iceboy!

iceboy

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
i have UAC disabled and my bad, Os-File reputation is turned on, not off!

Browsers are Chrome (main) and FF.

My bad again: I don't test it on my host PC, I actually use a VM Machine (VMWare).

@brod56 i use Adguard since a while now and I'm fine with it. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
i have UAC disabled and my bad, Os-File reputation is turned on, not off!

Browsers are Chrome (main) and FF.

My bad again: I don't test it on my host PC, I actually use a VM Machine (VMWare).

@brod56 i use Adguard since a while now and I'm fine with it. :)
Please edit your config with the above changes.
Consider some type of system & data backup solution since you have nothing for data and no listed program for system image backups.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Nearly died reading this, but the most glaring issues is no backup. For all the lack of coverage here, you would mildly redeem it with a backup tool but there's none whatsoever. Forgive me while I shake my head at this glaring oversight.

For backups if you're going for free, Rollback Rx Home and Macrium Reflect; if you don't mind spending $100, Rollback Rx Pro and Drive Cloner Rx.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
no question is dumb. you are here on MalwareTips to learn so feel free to ask questions.

install malwarebytes anti-malware. you get free 13 days of realtime protection & then you can use it as an on-demand scanner for good.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
"On Demand" basically is just that, it's not real time so you have to manually initiate the scans yourself. I personally try to run scans every week or two, using different scanners as different ones pick up stuff others miss.

I personally have my UAC on the Default setting, It's enough for me and I find it a little annoying when it's on maximum. Got Voodoo Shield to cover anyway:p

Stick around the place and you'll learn loads from us lot like I did!:)

Last edited:

iceboy

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 17, 2017
Add ZAM Free and MalwareBytes.

Add HTTPS Everywhere.

Add CCleaner Free.

Thanks for sharing.

done, thank you for the tipps!

A big thanks goes of course to all other you guys replying in this thread!

You are the best!

Cheers!

edit: here's MBAM working good! :)

2017-07-20_234245.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.