Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
You have forticlient installed so i wouldnt add any security extensions there, not really even need for that Mcafee siteAdwisor

i would use ublock origin over nano adblocker and just set it medium mode and you really dont need any extensions outside of it

Bitwarden is nice to store passwords, but i guess you had no need for it. Aswell that extension is buggy for edge still.

Myself i gave up with edge browser (edgeHTML), since microsoft started working with chromium browser. But i doubt they will kill current edge or abandone it....probably it stays as Internet explorer has done so far

Avast extensions is probably decent, but weak against phishing and forticlient > avast extension

LDogg

Level 29
Verified
You have forticlient installed so i wouldnt add any security extensions there, not really even need for that Mcafee siteAdwisor

i would use ublock origin over nano adblocker and just set it medium mode and you really dont need any extensions outside of it

Bitwarden is nice to store passwords, but i guess you had no need for it. Aswell that extension is buggy for edge still.

Myself i gave up with edge browser (edgeHTML), since microsoft started working with chromium browser. But i doubt they will kill current edge or abandone it....probably it stays as Internet explorer has done so far
Cheers for the reply. I'm using the idea of a 2 pronged Web Browser coverage, just like when people use 2-3 on demand scanners. Just encase one misses that the other engine catches. Hence Emsisoft on Brave.

How come uBlock over Nano?

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 30
Verified
Good luck! Most Windows Store extensions are pure junk. WebAdvisor is a huge privacy invader. Will it help keep you safe? ??? Nano Adblocker is the hands down winner since you can disable JS, it's better out-of-the box, and it's more current with the latest uBO version. Nano + SmartScreen is more than enough. I'm with @Moonhorse - use NA in medium mode when you can and you're covered. (y)

Moonhorse

Level 26
Verified
Content Creator
Cheers for the reply. I'm using the idea of a 2 pronged Web Browser coverage, just like when people use 2-3 on demand scanners. Just encase one misses that the other engine catches. Hence Emsisoft on Brave.

How come uBlock over Nano?

~LDogg
For me nano broke few sites, and after i noticed ublock origin didnt, i just did complete swap. Nano for sure is more often updated on microsoft store so probably doesnt make huge difference/ any at all

Only pros i feel on Mcafee WebAdvisor is the blocking of downloads, but smartscreen & forticlient will do same

But as you just recently installed MCafee, run it for week atleast to see how you like it . If you like 2-3 layered security, you could add k9 web protection to fill forticlient webfilter and has no security extensions at all