Security/Privacy Extensions for Edge

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
You have forticlient installed so i wouldnt add any security extensions there, not really even need for that Mcafee siteAdwisor

i would use ublock origin over nano adblocker and just set it medium mode and you really dont need any extensions outside of it

Bitwarden is nice to store passwords, but i guess you had no need for it. Aswell that extension is buggy for edge still.

Myself i gave up with edge browser (edgeHTML), since microsoft started working with chromium browser. But i doubt they will kill current edge or abandone it....probably it stays as Internet explorer has done so far

Avast extensions is probably decent, but weak against phishing and forticlient > avast extension

LDogg

Level 33
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
You have forticlient installed so i wouldnt add any security extensions there, not really even need for that Mcafee siteAdwisor

i would use ublock origin over nano adblocker and just set it medium mode and you really dont need any extensions outside of it

Bitwarden is nice to store passwords, but i guess you had no need for it. Aswell that extension is buggy for edge still.

Myself i gave up with edge browser (edgeHTML), since microsoft started working with chromium browser. But i doubt they will kill current edge or abandone it....probably it stays as Internet explorer has done so far
Cheers for the reply. I'm using the idea of a 2 pronged Web Browser coverage, just like when people use 2-3 on demand scanners. Just encase one misses that the other engine catches. Hence Emsisoft on Brave.

How come uBlock over Nano?

~LDogg

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Good luck! Most Windows Store extensions are pure junk. WebAdvisor is a huge privacy invader. Will it help keep you safe? ??? Nano Adblocker is the hands down winner since you can disable JS, it's better out-of-the box, and it's more current with the latest uBO version. Nano + SmartScreen is more than enough. I'm with @Moonhorse - use NA in medium mode when you can and you're covered. (y)

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Cheers for the reply. I'm using the idea of a 2 pronged Web Browser coverage, just like when people use 2-3 on demand scanners. Just encase one misses that the other engine catches. Hence Emsisoft on Brave.

How come uBlock over Nano?

~LDogg
For me nano broke few sites, and after i noticed ublock origin didnt, i just did complete swap. Nano for sure is more often updated on microsoft store so probably doesnt make huge difference/ any at all

Only pros i feel on Mcafee WebAdvisor is the blocking of downloads, but smartscreen & forticlient will do same

But as you just recently installed MCafee, run it for week atleast to see how you like it . If you like 2-3 layered security, you could add k9 web protection to fill forticlient webfilter and has no security extensions at all

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.