Security software (Avast IS + MBAM Pro + SAS Pro + Peerblock)

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
3. Never click on email links

That's a tough one to abide by, Littlebits. Do you think it's OK if you paste the shortcut in your browser rather than clicking on the link? And what about if the email is from an outfit you have chosen to subscribe to and are quite familiar with--would you still say don't click on email links?

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
If u turn on hardernmode(aggressive) on avast+ pup enable u realy dont need malwarebytes pro or any other security layer for realtime protection. Better just use them as ondemand scanners 1 per month or so.

Reactions: Overkill

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
That's a tough one to abide by, Littlebits. Do you think it's OK if you paste the shortcut in your browser rather than clicking on the link? And what about if the email is from an outfit you have chosen to subscribe to and are quite familiar with--would you still say don't click on email links?
You must use common sense, if the email is legitimate from trusted source then sure it is ok to click on it, but most users who get infected by emails don't pay attention and click on any links even in the spam folders.

Anti-loggers are not required for users who only download files from trusted sources and scans their files with VirusTotal before running them. In order to get a keylogger infection you must first manually download an infected file and manually run it.

Enjoy!! :D

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Nothing can "catch everything", but i can tell you Malwarebytes will catch more than SuperAntiSpyware.... (Their Detection Rate Is Horrible).

I assume you're likely to be referring to published results of testing realtime anti-spyware programs. If you have a link for that, please share.

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
360IS is way better than Avast and its also free.

sorry to say that but thats just wrong. And u need to be neutral. sure, 360 have great detection and a good hips, but thats all. if u just install realtimeshield from avast than its most likly one of the lightes out there. Lighter than 360(ram and response etc). And if u tweek avast with max settings and hardern mode to aggressive, download warning from unknown files,enable pup etc the protection is just better than 360is.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
sorry to say that but thats just wrong. And u need to be neutral. sure, 360 have great detection and a good hips, but thats all. if u just install realtimeshield from avast than its most likly one of the lightes out there. Lighter than 360(ram and response etc). And if u tweek avast with max settings and hardern mode to aggressive, download warning from unknown files, the protection is just better than 360is.

• Avast has ads while 360IS doesn't (Last time I used it Avast had Ads)
  • RAM usage doesn't really matter (To me anyways)
  • Real-Time shield isn't needed, I don't install download alot of programs. (If I do they are trusted)
  • Avast slows down my computer
  • Protection doesn't matter to me because I haven't had a virus since 2009
  • Avast has too many settings that I don't need or want
  • I prefer something that doesn't bug me constantly

I don't even have a antivirus anymore I see it as a waste of space.

Reactions: King Alpha

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
  • Avast has ads while 360IS doesn't (Last time I used it Avast had Ads)
  • RAM usage doesn't really matter (To me anyways)
  • Real-Time shield isn't needed, I don't install download alot of programs. (If I do they are trusted)
  • Avast slows down my computer
  • Protection doesn't matter to me because I haven't had a virus since 2009
  • Avast has too many settings that I don't need or want
  • I prefer something that doesn't bug me constantly
I don't even have a antivirus anymore I see it as a waste of space.

Avast have ads? cmon mate.. its free, thats for real a REAL first world problem. Ads that u can click away in 1 sec so why u care? i dont get ppls they dont us an av cuz ads when its free. ppls these days have to much first world problems.. real time shield isnt needed? mate, thats what pick up malwares on the system.. protection dosnt matter? so why u say 360 have way better protection? avast is almost bugfree and didnt slow down a system. Its UR system what cause these problems. sure, if u realy know what u do u can just go without a av when u use it privat.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
Avast have ads? cmon mate.. its free, thats for real a REAL first world problem. Ads that u can click away in 1 sec so why u care? i dont get ppls they dont us an av cuz ads when its free. ppls these days have to much first world problems.. real time shield isnt needed? mate, thats what pick up malwares on the system.. protection dosnt matter? so why u say 360 have way better protection? avast is almost bugfree and didnt slow down a system. Its UR system what cause these problems. sure, if u realy know what u do u can just go without a av when u use it privat.

"Avast have ads? cmon mate.. its free, thats for real a REAL first world problem. Ads that u can click away in 1 sec so why u care?"
  • I don't want to see ads on the screen at all.
  • Alot of other FREE Antiviruses don't have ads

" real time shield isnt needed? mate, thats what pick up malwares on the system.."
  • I don't get viruses... So i don't need it.

"protection dosnt matter? so why u say 360 have way better protection?"
  • Because I'm saying that you are better protected with 360.

" avast is almost bugfree and didnt slow down a system. Its UR system what cause these problems. sure, if u realy know what u do u can just go without a av when u use it private"
  • Sorry which system? I have 6.... I'm ordering new ones every 2 months.

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
hello guys i'm new here i see this websites many times when i was searching on Google so today i joined .
i have only one question i use avast internet security malwarebytes antimalware pro superantispyware pro and peerblock i am safe or i need anything else?
  • First thing over which you have to think about is that "all is not gold that glitters!". (ie do not always take every advice like the truth.)
  • Second - if you like useful advice, you must start on what computer you have, and what you are doing the most. (games, movies, normal home user, banks and business, digital signatures, etc.)
If You are one normal home user, you already have too much, but probably not enough if You are a businessman.

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
hello guys i'm new here i see this websites many times when i was searching on Google so today i joined .

i have only one question i use avast internet security malwarebytes antimalware pro superantispyware pro and peerblock i am safe or i need anything else?
Hello,
You can tweak Avast IS with these settings:
1.Enable PUP Detection:
A PUP (potentially unwanted program) is a program that may be unwanted, such as spyware, despite the possibility that users consented to download it. This usually includes: toolbars, browser hijackers or adware (ad-supported software)
  1. Open Avast, click on Settings, then on Active Protection and click on the gear next to the Files System.
  2. In the "Sensitivity", select "Scan for potentially unwanted software (PUPs)".
2-jpg.7181

Next, you will need to do the same for the Web Shield so lets do it.
Click on Settings, then on Active Protection and click on the gear next to the Web Shield. Then select Sensitivity and check "Scan for potentially unwanted software (PUPs)".

2. Enable Warn when downloading files with poor reputation.
In the Web Shield field, you can enable "Warn when downloading files with poor reputation", and it does what it says.. it will warn you when you are downloading a file with a low reputation...
To enable it, click on Settings, then on Active Protection and click on the gear next to the Files System. Then select Web Shield and checkWarn when downloading files with poor reputation..
1-jpg.7180

You can keep Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro in your real-time protection as long as it does not slow down your PC.
SuperAntiSpyware Pro and Peerblock can be removed as Avast IS and MBAM Pro already cover all the layers better than this two security products will ever do.

A

antreas

Thread author
Hello,
You can tweak Avast IS with these settings:
1.Enable PUP Detection:
A PUP (potentially unwanted program) is a program that may be unwanted, such as spyware, despite the possibility that users consented to download it. This usually includes: toolbars, browser hijackers or adware (ad-supported software)
  1. Open Avast, click on Settings, then on Active Protection and click on the gear next to the Files System.
  2. In the "Sensitivity", select "Scan for potentially unwanted software (PUPs)".
2-jpg.7181

Next, you will need to do the same for the Web Shield so lets do it.
Click on Settings, then on Active Protection and click on the gear next to the Web Shield. Then select Sensitivity and check "Scan for potentially unwanted software (PUPs)".

2. Enable Warn when downloading files with poor reputation.
In the Web Shield field, you can enable "Warn when downloading files with poor reputation", and it does what it says.. it will warn you when you are downloading a file with a low reputation...
To enable it, click on Settings, then on Active Protection and click on the gear next to the Files System. Then select Web Shield and checkWarn when downloading files with poor reputation..
1-jpg.7180

You can keep Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro in your real-time protection as long as it does not slow down your PC.
SuperAntiSpyware Pro and Peerblock can be removed as Avast IS and MBAM Pro already cover all the layers better than this two security products will ever do.
ok i remove superantispyware pro but i keep peerblock

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.