Security software in shops

ttto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Hello everyone!
I would like to know which physical security software is most commonly seen in shops in your country.
I start!:
In Spain, shops sell McAfee, Kaspersky, Norton (Symantec) and Panda.
I saw one time one shop selling also ESET and BitDefender.

ttto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
Were gluttonous in the US, go into any Costco, Wal Mart, or similar retail giant and you can buy
a list of them that are too numerous to list lol.
Cool Post.
Thanks to reply! That's cool! I imagined that in Spain there is a very poor sell of these products compared with other countries. There is a very poor variety. Software section in Spain shops are very small, you can only buy a few products of the most important companies: (Microsoft, Nero, Symantec, Kaspersky, Magix...). If you want to buy another software here, you have to buy it via web (amazon, ebay...)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Cool, we have super chains here that have killed off the small shops, here in the US small shops (Privately Owned)
are rare and nearly extinct.

Reactions: frogboy and ttto

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Here in Philippines, majority is Kaspersky.

Followed by Norton from Symantec, ESET and Bitdefender.

Their is an office for Trend Micro but barely seen the products here.

Reactions: ttto

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
In Singapore:

Major IT Stores: Kaspersky, Norton, TrendMicro, Panda
Normal IT Shops: same as above + Bitdefender + ESET + AVG
Quarterly IT exhibition/fair/show: Kaspersky, Avira, ESET, AVG

Practically,
Emsisoft, Avast, Malwarebytes, and the rest are never heard of in my country although they have some exclusive retail store selling them (probably 2 at most).

Reactions: Atlas147

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
I live in a relatively small suburb in Australia; there isn't any security software advertising near where I live. But, in Sydney, there is a lot of it. I've mostly seen ads on the sides of buses, mainly ESET NOD32 from my experience. I haven't seen any advertising for security software inside any shops, I wasn't looking, though, so I probably missed it if it was there.

Reactions: ttto

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
In Malaysia:

Kaspersky is the hot selling cakes. Followed by Bitdefender as the contender (marginally) :rolleyes:

L

LabZero

In Italy, I have found Norton, Kaspersky, Eset and Atlantis antivirus (powered by Ikarus).
But maybe in big cities it is possible to find other brands.

Reactions: frogboy

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
In Singapore:

Practically,
Emsisoft, Avast, Malwarebytes, and the rest are never heard of in my country although they have some exclusive retail store selling them (probably 2 at most).

In shops definitely a large majority would be ESET and Norton.
I've seen a lot of distributors give free Trendmicro subscriptions as well in IT fairs but usually 3 months only

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I mostly buy mine off eBay it is way to far to drive to the city to go to the shops that sell software and save a lot of money on fuel. ;)

Reactions: ttto and LabZero

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I mostly buy mine off eBay it is way to far to drive to the city to go to the shops that sell software and save a lot of money on fuel. ;)

Or get those giveaways from here. :)
Thats how i get to have sooooo many licenses lying around for usage ;). Practically if you are using giveaway everytime, you don't really need to buy any AV/IS for whole life! :p

rosendalek

Level 3
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
Norton, Trend or Kaspersky for most shops in Australia, however a LOT of PC shops sell Bitdefender or Eset, but at the PC Shops ive been too , they are selling it at above normal retail price

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Or get those giveaways from here. :)
Thats how i get to have sooooo many licenses lying around for usage ;). Practically if you are using giveaway everytime, you don't really need to buy any AV/IS for whole life! :p
I got my last couple from good friends here at MT who can be very generous indeed and have given a few myself. I prefer mostly to leave the giveaways for other more needy members. ;)

ttto

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
In Singapore:

Practically,
I'm very impressed that in Singapore you can buy Panda, I thought you can mostly buy it in Spain (because is a spanish company), and I don't msee Panda as big company as Kaspersky or Symantec, for example. I underestimated Panda xD

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.