Not open for further replies.

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
- to scare you silly ..
Put here your findings, please.:)

First - I copy the links posted in this topic: Add-on - "Chrome Adware Removal" extension block ransomware
- and JavaScript "confirm" modal window alerts.

Give you some (safe!) TESTS - links with these JavaScript "confirm" modal window alerts I found on the web:

On liesong.de/js/scripts/ confirm modal alert window: JavaScript

On Tizag.com : Javascript Tutorial - Confirm - you have to click on the "Leave Tizag.com" button, please ...

On w3schools.com: Tryit Editor v3.5

On javascripter.net: JavaScript confirm dialog box - you have to click on the "Try it now" button ...

- Then Interaction: alert, prompt, confirm - on javascript.info: Interaction: alert, prompt, confirm

Try it now.

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Good read on lifewire.com:
How to Test a Suspicious Link Without Clicking it
Does that link look a little strange? Here's how to tell :
How to Test a Suspicious Link Without Clicking it

by Andy O'Donnell
Updated October 19, 2017
Do you have click anxiety? It's that feeling you get right before you click a link that looks a little fishy. You think to yourself, am I going to get a virus by clicking this? Sometimes you click it, sometimes you don't.

Are there any warning signs that might tip you off that a link might infect your computer or send you to a phishing site?

Warning Signs of Possible Malware Links
The following sections will help you learn to spot malicious links and show you some tools you can use to test a link's safety without actually visiting it. .. ..

too:
Makeuseof.com: 5 Quick Sites That Let You Check if Links Are Safe

by Christian Cawley October 2, 2017

'Someone sent you a link. It looks okay… but is it really?' .. ..

.. then many online tools to check from Rex Swain - Software developer with over 30 years professional experience: on rexswain.com: Rex Swain's Home Page

• HTTP Viewer
      new.gif
      - See exactly what an HTTP request returns to your browser
        • Software I Use - Tools and applications I use on my system
        • and more ...

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
.. from SkyZIP proxy topic, these 3 links:

Very good proxy, never problems here, I have it for a long time, very long, I have confidence on it.

WHOER mention: Proxy: No - and of course IP Address is of SkyZIP ..
Whoer link for you: How to find and check my IP address

IPAddress-Finder.com: No Proxy detected.
IPAddress-Finder.com
link: IPAddress-Finder.com

IP-secrets.com link (why not): IP-Secrets - What is my IP? - here you have Your WebRTC IP-Address: Click here

.. and great bonus: Advanced Proxy Check whatismyipaddress.com/proxy-check: http://whatismyipaddress.com/proxy-check - with WIMIA test .....
- this one wrote: Proxy server detected. uh oh

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.