Security tips for a small config (Archos 9)

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Hello, I've got an Archos 9 pctablet and I want to secure it without slowing it down and for free (if it's possible), (AV, browsers...).
The config is :
Windows 7 Ultimate x32
INTEL Atom cpu 1.2 ghz
Intel gma 500 GPU
1go ram ddr3
60gb SSD
Thanks.

Y

yigido

Thread author
Avira Free is really light on even old systems, give it a try.
If you won't like uninstall it.
Firefox x86 and uBlock for adblocking and Bitdefender TrafficLight to prevent phishing and malware sites.. You will be safe with these.

T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Thx but I tried Avira on my main pc and it took 200MB ram. Windows 7 use 500MB alone.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
If you do normal use , I would Panda free or Qihoo TSE with bitdefender disconnected motor.
If you do download torrent, or freeware , etc , I would recommend putting Privatefirewall too.

As for the browser, Cyberfox , Palemoon , Firefox ... consume fewer resources than their rivals and are , for me , more reliable browsers

Reactions: LabZero and frogboy
T

TheSuperGeek

Thread author
Thx.
I'll test and I reply if it's good.

What about xvirus ? with MCScheild or crystal security suite ?

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Thx.
I'll test and I reply if it's good.

What about xvirus ? with MCScheild or crystal security suite ?

Mcshield is a USB/External HDD antivirus which primarily focuses only in autorun based attacks so you may complement with another Antivirus.

Actually Panda Cloud Free is may a good choice for such low specification since its component where through Cloud function.

Xvirus or Crystal Suite is also fine, you may choose one as its already a full blown product. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.