Security Wizard Configuration

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I've appreciated you use Windows Defender as your baseline AV, it means the protection can provide against common threats.

Why not? On demand scanners are design to conduct a scan once a week for background check for computer if its clean.

Other software can be add as well like CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) to clean any unnecessary files, logs, cookies and so on.

For USB realtime protection, highly suggest to add McShield which will not conflict to your current AV. (optional if doing USB stuff)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
I would want you to think about the suggestions and options you have, possibility of increasing your system security is high. Thankyou for sharing your config with us.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
My suggestion is to add another browser Mozilla based in case you have a problem with Chrome
Thanks for sharing your config

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
@dekdown, the suggestions you've received are good ones, and using Windows Defender AV ;) is also a free choice I have made before (on good advice) as well.
I'll suggest an extension to keep your passwords secure. It is called LastPass, and I think you'll like it.:):)
I also agree with akuigla's encouragement. You shall improve with practice & confidence, for there are (truly) many English speaking people whom do not write nearly as well as you do!:D

Reactions: dekdown and akuigla

Billcomputerman123

Level 5
Verified
Feb 12, 2015
you might want to add a free firewall like comodo firewall for behavior blocking and hips and throw in free malwarebytes ps if you want an malwarebytes pro key i got one you can have

dekdown

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 15, 2015
thanks a lot. Sir
(My desktop is old. I doesn't install program too much.It speed to down)
:D:D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.