SecurityKiss VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Thread author
Jul 23, 2012
Hello,
I've been using securitykiss for a few days just trying it out and i'm confused, on a couple of the ip address's there are 4 differnet udp's to chose from on the right, can someone explain the differences?

N

Nige_40

LoneWolf said:
Hello,
I've been using securitykiss for a few days just trying it out and i'm confused, on a couple of the ip address's there are 4 differnet udp's to chose from on the right, can someone explain the differences?

But I only notice it show for US VPN's as in:

Chicago and Los Angeles only

As it shows for Chicago UDP 5000 UDP 5353
also it is the same for Los Angeles

But I have tried to connect via them but it not allowing me.

Here is info on UDP 5000: via this link http://www.auditmypc.com/udp-port-5000.asp

Info on UDP 5353: 5353 UDP Multicast DNS (mDNS) Official
5355 TCP UDP LLMNR—Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution, allows hosts to perform name resolution for hosts on the same local link (only provided by Windows Vista and Server 2008)

So I don't know why they are there to be honest.

Extra info on UDP 5000 etc:

TCP - commplex-main (Official)
TCP - UPnP—Windows network device interoperability (Unofficial)
TCP - VTun—VPN Software (Unofficial)
UDP - FlightGear multiplayer (Unofficial)
UDP - VTun—VPN Software (Unofficial)

So I hope I have helped you a little LoneWolf

Thanks again

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.