Not open for further replies.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

"With a 520 MHz processor, 512 MB of RAM, and 8GB of internal storage, the Apple Watch packs a lot of computing horsepower into a very small package. On paper, its processor alone is about twenty-five times faster than the average 386, and 512 MB was the size of a hard drive in the mid nineties, not memory. As a result, I was feeling confident that the Apple Watch had the ability to run one of the most revered desktop operating systems Redmond has ever produced."​

Full Post: I installed Windows 95 on my Apple Watch — Tendigi Insights
Via
The Verge: Someone got Windows 95 running on an Apple Watch

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
The watch is much more powerful than the first PC I had. It ran Win 98.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So cool, definitely the manufacturer did not provide lockdown to avoid replacing the firmware OS hence anything is possible.

Cohen

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
That'd be very fun to play around with, wouldn't be very useful though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.