Advice Request Seems odd. I explain below

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

robbiedaug

Thread author
Sep 7, 2022
Hi,
Why is it i can do a scan with the free SUPERAntiSpyware, and as soon as it's finished and i remove what it found and do another scan right away, it finds 1400 or so new issues? The previous scan only 20 minutes earlier found almost the same amount of issues. I get the impression that, sometimes, it just "says" it found 1499 issues when there are "maybe" no issues, really, and it does that just to ensure me (us) that it's doing something.

So, how does SuperAntiSpyware find 1400 or so issues, clean those issues, and without me even clicking on a browser, i immediately do another scan and SuperA.S. finds another 100 or so issues?

Sometimes, after the second scan, it reports that there are no issues, but it usually finds more issues when i scan the second, and even a third, time in a row without me clicking on a browser.
I would like to know why this happens
It's confusing me.

Thanks

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020

ScandinavianFish

Level 7
Verified
Dec 12, 2021
Please dont use that site as an refrence, its an affiliate site disguised as an review site that pushes an PUP.

robbiedaug

Thread author
Sep 7, 2022
And i notice that, lately, it takes FOREVER to clean what it finds. When it finds 1400 issues, it cleans quickly until it reaches 500 or so, and then it SLOWS down to a snail's pace. It was faster before.

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
And i notice that, lately, it takes FOREVER to clean what it finds. When it finds 1400 issues, it cleans quickly until it reaches 500 or so, and then it SLOWS down to a snail's pace. It was faster before.
Uninstall and you won't have those problems anymore. As @The_King already said, there are way better options than SuperAntiSpyware. Try Norton Power Eraser, ESET Online Scanner or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool instead.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.