Not open for further replies.

JM Safe

Level 39
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Hi all,

I found this interesting extension, avalaible for Firefox and Firefox-based browsers and Chrome and Chrome-based browsers, which can help us to destroy cookies and protects against trackers.

Original description:

Get rid of a site's cookies as soon as you close its tabs. Protects against trackers and zombie-cookies. Trustworthy services can be whitelisted.

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Hi all,

I found this interesting extension, avalaible for Firefox and Firefox-based browsers and Chrome and Chrome-based browsers, which can help us to destroy cookies and protects against trackers.

Original description:

Is it any different than the Cookie AutoDelete extension?

Reactions: oldschool

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
It seems to have the ability to allow 3rd party cookies on per site basis in the whitelist.

ok...but in most cases 3rd party cookies ain't needed. Ain't it?
Btw, except that is there any difference? what about compatibility? Is there any conflict between
Self Destroying Cookies & other popular extensions?

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
You can also disable 3rd party cookies in some browsers, for example in Chrome, to add more protection.

yeah.Chromium-based every browser has that option at least those which I do use i.e. Opera,Yandex,Vivaldi,Brave. even in firefox. tbh firefox has better option to get optimized for privacy.

Last edited:

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
That depends, what webpages. My bank does not work without them and everytime I blocked them, it broke webpages.
That's sad. But most of the websites run smoothly with 3rd party cookies unless there is unique feature which exclusively depends upon 3rd party.

Although, my point wasn't that when I said, "but in most cases 3rd party cookies ain't needed."

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.