Semprul's Configuration

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
I just rely on AVG Internet Security and not add extra layer like Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Zemana etc because i believe that AVG and my common sense are the best combination against security threat on the internet

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Semprul, & thanks so much for sharing.:)
I agree with @frogboy's back up recommendations of Aoemei,
..as well as Macrium Reflect.

I also make use of Malwarebytes free Anti-Malware @Billcomputerman123 endorsed:
It is a useful and free secondary scanner that has found PUPs bundled with downloads from sites like CNET whom do not divulge this to us.
They've also a free Anti-Exploit available you can read about here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

I have not tried SeaMonkey, though I understand it may be what the former Netscape Navigator has evolved into, ..is that right?o_O

One of the first apps recommended to me here on MT adds an extra layer of protection through virtualization for your browser (acting as a reset button) thus returning you to a former state utilizing what's known as a 'sandbox'. It renders changes & additions such as extension additions or upgrades as temporarily lasting only until the 'sandbox' is deleted. A free version called Sandboxie is an effective protection from lasting changes made to your system.
*This requires slipping out of the sandbox for changes you wish to keep when browser updates & vulnerability patches are performed.;)
Lastly, and among my favorite tools to insure your passwords are kept safe, is the free addition of LastPass which utilizes military grade encryption security.

Last edited:

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
I would suggest some backup software such as Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both of which have a free version. I also would have at least one on demand AV scanner to be sure. Thanks for sharing. ;):)

Thanks for your suggestion....i'll try it soon....

I would add malwarebytes antimalware free

What kind of virus engine that Malwarebytes use..??

Hello Semprul, & thanks so much for sharing.:)
I agree with @frogboy's back up recommendations of Aoemei,
..as well as Macrium Reflect.

I also make use of the Anti-Malware mentoned by Billcomputerman123:
It is a useful and free secondary scanner.
They've also a free Anti-Exploit available you can read about here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/antiexploit/

I have not tried SeaMonkey, though I understand it may be what the former Netscape Navigator has evolved into, ..is that right?o_O

One of the first apps recommended to me here on MT adds an extra layer of protection through virtualization for your browser (acting as a reset button) thus returning you to a former state utilizing what's known as a 'sandbox'. It renders changes & additions such as extension additions or upgrades as temporarily lasting only until the 'sandbox' is deleted. A free version called Sandboxie is an effective protection for your the system.
Lastly, and among my favorite tools to insure your passwords are kept safe, is the free addition of LastPass which utilizes military grade encryption security.

That was cool recommendation but unfortunately right now i'm little bit tight on a budget but i'll try and buy those apps soon....anyway i stop to use firefox cuz it often crashes so i tried seamonkey and 'til now i haven't met any crashes.....

Firefox
pros : Modern Ui, Tons of add ons
cons : often crashes

SeaMonkey
pros : rarely crashes
cons : Old Ui, Few add ons, bundled with messenger and email apps (i've already used Outlook)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

starchild76

What kind of virus engine that Malwarebytes use..??

malwarebytes uses their own engine and signatures and is good to have a secondairy scan engine ;) nice to see that there are other AVG " fans " over here ;) welcome to malwaretips.com!

a little suggestion to ad to your config : remove adblock and replace with ublock or adguard ( way faster than adblock ) add https everywhere. you could use some systemhardener like emet , hitmanpro alert or malwarebytes anti exploit. you might also want to ad unchecky ; this will weed out all unwanted options in installers and minimizes the risk of added pups by mistake.

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
a little suggestion to ad to your config : remove adblock and replace with ublock or adguard ( way faster than adblock ) add https everywhere. you could use some systemhardener like emet , hitmanpro alert or malwarebytes anti exploit. you might also want to ad unchecky ; this will weed out all unwanted options in installers and minimizes the risk of added pups by mistake.

Cool, i'll try your suggestion and thanks for the tips.....

This forum is awesome......I've met lots of nice and friendly people in MalwareTips....

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Since you don't like Firefox and SeaMonkey has an old UI i can suggest Cyberfox;).
Cyberfox follows Firefox updates has a modern UI and as for crashes what is that:cool::p:D.
Yes you read wright it rarely crashes:)
As for cleaning i would like to suggest CCleaner which is free and very safe to use;)
Thanks for sharing your config

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nice configuration! ;)

Well those on demand scanners can be placed on your storage device and use if anything issues arises, common sense is really a must and its a good habit to do it always; stronger configuration type than any realtime protection ;)

Semprul

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 6, 2015
I just rely on AVG Internet Security and not add extra layer like Malwarebytes, HitmanPro, Zemana etc because i believe that AVG and my common sense are the best combination against security threat on the internet

UPDATE : I change my security software from AVG IS 2015 to Dr. Web Security Space 10 and also from SeaMonkey to Firefox again because when i sent malware samples to AVG, their response is very slow and when i complained it via email, they sent me a link to buy their malware removal tool for 75 bucks :mad:, and i also revert back to Firefox because most of the addons especially AdGuard addon only compatible with Firefox, not SeaMonkey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.