Advice Request SEPC - how good is the web dashboard?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Currently for family members I install Sophos Home Premium. The main reason for this is the web based management dashboard.

I can set policies (eg do not autorun from USB etc) via web dashboard, without having access to the local machine.
I can see incidents in the web dashboard.
I can schedule scans from the web dashboard.

Overall though I'm not super happy with Sophos but these web dashboard features are a must-have.

How does Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud's web dashboard compare? can machines be fully managed via web dashboard?

gonza

Level 2
Sep 10, 2019
Hello, @notabot I've tested SEPC a while ago. I'm not an expert at all. But I'll try to answer your questions:
1- You can set policies, but I don't know if you can set something like: "do not autorun from USB". I could test it if you want.
2- Yes, you can.
3- You can also do that.

The only thing I found that you can't do via dashboard is to manage files in quarantine.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Hello, @notabot I've tested SEPC a while ago. I'm not an expert at all. But I'll try to answer your questions:
1- You can set policies, but I don't know if you can set something like: "do not autorun from USB". I could test it if you want.
2- Yes, you can.
3- You can also do that.

The only thing I found that you can't do via dashboard is to manage files in quarantine.

I used to run SEPC. And yes, gonza answered the basic questions.

SEPC is quite good. It's not heavy at all. It has more granularity in control than the comparable Norton product. It tests well.

I recommend.

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
2- Yes, you can.
3- You can also do that.

When you get a chance, would it be possible to post screenshots of the policies it allows you to set from the web dashboard?

gonza

Level 2
Sep 10, 2019
Hello. I couldn't do it yesterday, sorry.

This is the main panel. You have 3 kinds of policies. Under every policy, you have "profiles". You can customize every profile and then apply that profile to a group. That gives you a lot of flexibility (Sorry if that's is too obvious. This is the only Endpoint Manager that I've tried so far)
Image 001.png

Under System Policy you have this by default:
Image 002.png

Then, you have Security Policies. There is A LOT of options here:
Opera Captura de pantalla_2019-09-10_211513_sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com.png

Attachments

• Opera Captura de pantalla_2019-09-10_211750_sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com.png
    Opera Captura de pantalla_2019-09-10_211750_sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Opera Captura de pantalla_2019-09-10_211625_sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com.png
    Opera Captura de pantalla_2019-09-10_211625_sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Opera Captura de pantalla_2019-09-10_211625_sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com.png
    Opera Captura de pantalla_2019-09-10_211625_sepc.securitycloud.symantec.com.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 179

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
Thanks a bunch ! This looks pretty neat !

A couple more questions,

1. does SEPC include SONAR?
2. does it have an AMSI module?

Reactions: 93803123

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
I couldn't post everything in one post... Anyway...

I think you are looking for "Application Protection". If you click "add" under "Application Control":

View attachment 224348

Finally, Access Policies:

View attachment 224349

I hope this helps you. If you need more screenshots or have more answers, please tell me.

(meant to quote you in previous post)

Thanks a bunch ! This looks pretty neat !

A couple more questions,

1. does SEPC include SONAR?
2. does it have an AMSI module?

Reactions: 93803123

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.