Several news features for Microsoft Teams (April 2021)

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
This month, Microsoft delivered several new features for Microsoft Teams users. Breakout room retention and participant reassignment, improved Polls support, custom Backgrounds on iOS for Teams meetings and Teams casting from Android and iOS mobile apps are some of the new features. Microsoft also promised that Teams will get even more features in May.
Find the full list of features delivered in April 2021 in the linked article below:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Good timing, I return to work next week but I'll working from home for the first couple of weeks. This will at least improve daily catch-up meetings though not sure how many of the features we'd use.
Good to hear you are returning to work next week (y)

We don't use all the features at work, but there are so many little changes that I like to read post like this one on MSPoweruser to stay informed.

Here are all the changes in Microsoft 365, but it looks like the main focus is on Teams:
I'm looking forward to the changes that will be coming to Outlook for Windows:

Connect, organize, and get things done more seamlessly with updates to Outlook for the web​

This month, Outlook for the web is rolling out an update to make it even easier to navigate Outlook and access your favorite apps. We’re updating the experience with a new location for your core Outlook capabilities such as email, calendar, and contacts, as well as providing easy access to launch other Microsoft 365 applications like To Do, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Yammer, and Bookings, all from the left side of Outlook. Start a presentation after checking your mail by simply clicking PowerPoint—one click, and you’re on your way. In the next couple of months, we will also be offering this update to Outlook for Windows to those who wish to try it.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.