sevgi's (new)config

Last updated
Dec 31, 1969
Windows Edition
Pro
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
VoodooShiled (free), Avast Internet Security, Zemana Antimalware (licence)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
EEK, MBAM
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox, Chrome
Maintenance tools
Cclenear, OO Defrag
File and Photo backup
None
System recovery
Windows backup

sevgi

Level 1
Thread author
May 24, 2014
I thank you for your interest.
I do not want to use the browser extension, except ublock
Emsisoft Internet Security was doing BSoD, all been fixed now
maybe I'll remove the webroot
(sorry my english is very bad: google translate!)

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas
H

hjlbx

Hello Servgi,

Just some suggestions...

I use both Emsi EAM and EIS. While you can probably get away with EIS and Webroot combo, it is very likely that issues will occur. Plus you might have to deal with double alerts - both from EIS and Webroot.

EIS is more than sufficient under typical use. Emsi +100. :D

Consider:

AOMEI Backupper Free - will do everything you need for back-ups, including incremental.
Touro Cloud Backup 3GB Free - automated, incremental.
CCleaner - to tidy-up system once in a while.

You have well thought-out config !

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello your combination can be optimized with Emsisoft alone, considering you can tweak some of the settings, BB (Mamutu) is fine at default stage and better not to activate at paranoid mode which will provide more pop ups.

Consider of multi account, you may set a limited user account if necessary to avoid any programs might downloaded and execute without your permission. ;)

Alexstrasza

Level 4
Verified
Mar 18, 2015
It's best that you don't run Webroot SecureAnywhere with EIS, as WSA is also an AV and EIS should not be used with other AVs (unlike EAM).

Also I do not recommend "optimizer" programs like Auslogics BoostSpeed. CCleaner will handle junk cleaning, uninstallation and secure deletion for free, while for defragmentation you can use the built-in Windows Disk Defragmenter tool - or at most, Defraggler or Auslogics DiskDefrag.

Otherwise, nice configuration overall.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.