Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Portmaster Firewall
Firewall security
About custom security
NextDNS is registered in the Portmaster firewall.
Periodic malware scanners
RootkitHunter
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Vivaldi Browser, Mozilla Firefox. Addons in Vivaldi Browser: uBlock Origin, Avira password manager. Addons in Mozilla Firefox: uBlock Origin, Bitwarden password manager.
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
No
Password manager
Avira password manager, Bitwarden password manager.
Maintenance tools
No
File and Photo backup
Mega Cloud
System recovery
No
Risk factors
    • Working from home
    • Browsing to popular websites
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
For my family, I decided to install Linux :) I chose one of the most colorful and flexible distributions. Since nothing but visiting social networks and searching for information, I did not really think about security, I taught only how to turn on the system and how to turn it off, manually check and install updates, the rest is all set up automatically, and authorization on the necessary sites, including :) For everyone browser - your own password manager for a family member. The portmaster installed the firewall just for the sake of interest in the new program, set it up a bit, found some bugs, but they do not interfere with the work with the system, maybe the developer will fix it later :) Maybe someone else from the knowledgeable members of the forum will say what can be added.

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
How important is it for Linux to make a complete copy of the system? It will be faster to install from scratch in this case, because there are only Vivaldi and Portmaster firewall as third-party programs, everything else comes out of the box, settings and plugins in browsers for synchronization, documents and personal files - in the cloud or now you can use this program for backup use, so reinstalling it clean is not a problem in this case.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Good option, to make a backup, you just need to have Macrium Reflect. On a USB.
1: Go to the Bios to make the USB start.
2: Make the copy with MR
3: To restore. You go to the bios to boot from the USB. And from there you restore.:)

Zorro

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Why double manager?
There were some problems with Bitwarden in Vivaldi on Linux, it sometimes turned off (gray icon) and had to re-enter the username and password. There was no problem on Mozilla Firefox. Therefore, I installed Avira's password manager in Vivaldi, which works without problems, and left Bitwarden in Firefox.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.