Other accounts are Standard users
Security updates
Manual - check for updates, but do not auto-install
Network firewall
Third-party router
Real-time protection
Portmaster Firewall
Software firewall
Provided by a third-party security vendor. Refer to 'Real-time protection' for details.
Custom RTP, Firewall and OS settings
NextDNS is registered in the Portmaster firewall.
Malware testing
No malware samples
Periodic security scanners
RootkitHunter
Secure DNS
NextDNS
VPN
No
Password manager
Avira password manager, Bitwarden password manager.
Browsers, Search and Addons
Vivaldi Browser, Mozilla Firefox. Addons in Vivaldi Browser: uBlock Origin, Avira password manager. Addons in Mozilla Firefox: uBlock Origin, Bitwarden password manager.
Maintenance and Cleaning
No
Personal Files & Photos backup
Mega Cloud
Personal backup routine
Manual (maintained by self)
Device recovery & backup
No
Device backup routine
None
PC activity
  1. Working from home. 
  2. Browsing the web. 
Feedback Response

General feedback

SFox

Level 5
Verified
Jun 11, 2019
For my family, I decided to install Linux :) I chose one of the most colorful and flexible distributions. Since nothing but visiting social networks and searching for information, I did not really think about security, I taught only how to turn on the system and how to turn it off, manually check and install updates, the rest is all set up automatically, and authorization on the necessary sites, including :) For everyone browser - your own password manager for a family member. The portmaster installed the firewall just for the sake of interest in the new program, set it up a bit, found some bugs, but they do not interfere with the work with the system, maybe the developer will fix it later :) Maybe someone else from the knowledgeable members of the forum will say what can be added.

SFox

Level 5
Verified
Jun 11, 2019
How important is it for Linux to make a complete copy of the system? It will be faster to install from scratch in this case, because there are only Vivaldi and Portmaster firewall as third-party programs, everything else comes out of the box, settings and plugins in browsers for synchronization, documents and personal files - in the cloud or now you can use this program for backup use, so reinstalling it clean is not a problem in this case.

SFox

Level 5
Verified
Jun 11, 2019
Why double manager?
There were some problems with Bitwarden in Vivaldi on Linux, it sometimes turned off (gray icon) and had to re-enter the username and password. There was no problem on Mozilla Firefox. Therefore, I installed Avira's password manager in Vivaldi, which works without problems, and left Bitwarden in Firefox.