Expired Shadow Defender Free

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Download and install Setup.exe - the program comes pre-registered, no need to register it (but an internet connection is required).

Just go to official site and press "Giveaway Is Available" button
or
download http://www.shadowdefender.com/download/Giveaway/Setup.exe

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • This is a 1-computer lifetime license, for noncommercial use
  • No free updates; if you update the program, it may turn into a trial
  • No free tech support
  • Must be downloaded and installed before this offer is over -- you cannot install / reinstall later, such as if your computer crashes
  • May not be resold
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, and 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)

Giveaway ends in 2 days

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Setup says version 1.4.0.589, so its probably an upcoming release :cool:

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Installed and removed. Not sure why it's not launching when I am clicking on the shortcut. Tried multiple times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Overlord

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Where does it say giveaway on the home page of the official site?
The promo link takes you to the home page of the official site also and no where does it say "Giveaway is available"
Where did this installer come from ?
I have never seen a special pre-activated installer in any giveaway from Shadow Defender.
I would be very cautious about installing this until I speak to Tony from Shadow Defender

Last edited:

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Oddly the url belongs to the official site. The setup.exe is digitally signed and the files within too. What's going on?

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
I've installed it on both of my laptops and it's functioning normally? When I go to the licensing tab it just says that it's registered to my email ***********@outlook.com.

Malware1

Level 76
Sep 28, 2011
Oddly the url belongs to the official site. The setup.exe is digitally signed and the files within too. What's going on?

It's probably some generic installer used by Tony for any giveaways which is updated each time a new version is released. This looks like a leak for me.
The same URL was already mentioned 2 years ago... Someone scanned it at VT then.

Reactions: Mr.X

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
It's probably some generic installer used by Tony for any giveaways which is updated each time a new version is released. This looks like a leak for me.
The same URL was already mentioned 2 years ago... Someone scanned it at VT then.
So it's not meant to be a giveaway then correct?

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Ah yes I remember something like that. I agree with you perhaps it's a leak.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
It is a shrarewareonsale giveaway which leads me to believe it is not on the up & up.I have emailed Tony and as soon as I get a reply I will post it here.He has been given the link to sharewareonsale
This is why we do not allow sharewareonsale giveaways here

The links have been removed until I hear back from Tony @ Shadow Defender

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.