Expired Shadow Defender Giveaway

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I wish Shadow defender could have multiple snapshots or something like that but its probably not possible on virtualization software, it works quite different from Rollback RX right?

It basically freezes the system to the status it was the moment it was activated and all changes from that moment on will only be applied to the virtual layer being discarded after a reboot. It's definitely not a backup tool such as Rollback.

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
It basically freezes the system to the status it was the moment it was activated and all changes from that moment on will only be applied to the virtual layer, being discarded after a reboot. It's definitely not a backup tool such as Rollback.
Thanks for the info! So technically it would be more reliable compared to Rollback RX? I know not everyone will have same experience with these programs but in average, is it more reliable?

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Thanks for the info! So technically it would be more reliable compared to Rollback RX? I know not everyone will have same experience with these programs but in average, is it more reliable?

Basically it's a "mess with your system however you want and everything will be back to normal when you reboot" kind of software. If you want the ability to return things to another date or access file history, then go with Rollback. Also if you need something to work that needs a reboot then Rollback is a better choice, just create a snapshot, reboot and if things do not work as expected, restore to that last snapshot.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Yet another amazing giveaway! I am hearing chatter that there is another version coming out soon that will support the latest update for Windows 10 as well.

I have been using this software for a while now inside a VM and I can say for a fact that this software is amazing. Plus, if you ever want to 'test' software turn on Shadow Defender, install the program, and test the program. If you like the program you can commit the changes. If you do not like the program restart your computer and BAM your right back at a 'clean slate' of when you turned Shadow Defender on.

In addition to this, when Shadow Defender is on the entire system is protected from nearly all of the bad stuff that can get on your system. I have not tested this against ransomware yet though - I cannot speak to this. However, viruses and malware of nearly every kind that I threw at it will not cause any harm. However, I must stress this testing was done inside a virtual machine. Although, many others out there have confirmed the same results.

My hope is that Shadow Defender continues to evolve into newer versions and continual software development will happen for many many years to come. This is great software! Hats off to the dev(s) at Shadow Defender!

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
What issues are there presently, with Windows 10 fall creators update?
The only thing I can see is that the system loads a little slow after reboot.

@shmu26 That's the main issue that I'm experiencing at the moment as well. Some of the clients/hosts that I have put this software on is experiencing some CPU spikes or lags when the software is turned on (more so with the latest update) when compared to the past. Overall, very flawless though!! The problem could be linked to hardware too or a number of startup processes (currently at four). I'll have to tweak or change a few settings to see if this will resolve the CPU spike.

@mlnevese This is exactly what is happening on some systems too - a system freeze.

All in all though - simply amazing software! I'm very pleased and impressed with this software. Couldn't be happier!

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
Thanks ripper for the share!

For me this is one of the most useful softwares on my system. I like to test new software and using Shadow Defender lets me do so without having to install anything and protect my PC when testing softwares.

learningexp

Level 1
Nov 7, 2015
I don't like it. An internet connection is required before installing it, plus it's preactivated.
SHA1 and MD5 don't match, well it's been repacked. Could be adware, could be malware, could be clean.
But for the moment, I'll skip this one. Convince me I'm paranoid please. Thanks.

Reactions: given and vtqhtr413

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Yea learningexp, I'll bet it's ok. Even if it is adware or malware, if you have competent security software installed and running fear not. However I would still have a recent backup with a solid backup software ready to go. Just pulling your leg. It's a sandbox software, very respected.

Welcome back by the way, hope the last 2 years were good to you.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I don't like it. An internet connection is required before installing it, plus it's preactivated.
SHA1 and MD5 don't match, well it's been repacked. Could be adware, could be malware, could be clean.
But for the moment, I'll skip this one. Convince me I'm paranoid please. Thanks.
I installed it and saw no signs of malware.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I installed it and saw no signs of malware.

I have tested the installer and I saw no problems with it. I had multiple AVs scan it after downloading it and I didn't see anything suspicious. Always good to be cautious though. It is smart to check SHA1 and MD5! In this case, I think the change was due to the software being 'pre-activated'.

Reactions: shmu26

Gapp

Level 2
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
Oh too bad I was late. :(

It seems the giveaway has now ended :(

Is there a similar giveaway where I can get a license...? Anyone?

Thanks!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.