Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
M

MalwareBlockerYT

Thread author
Hi all,

Do you think whilst malware testing in a VM it's necessary to "double" sandbox the sandbox - so you run the VM in a Virtual Environment? If so would you recommend Shadow Defender or Comodo Sandbox?

Thanks :) When I first started I used Comodo Sandbox to sandbox VMWare but now I just haven't bothered recently.

Thread author
Hi all,

Do you think whilst malware testing in a VM it's necessary to "double" sandbox the sandbox - so you run the VM in a Virtual Environment? If so would you recommend Shadow Defender or Comodo Sandbox?

Thanks :) When I first started I used Comodo Sandbox to sandbox VMWare but now I just haven't bothered recently.

Not really. It serves only to over-complicate things for the user. Besides, researchers have shown that double-virtualization ("double-sandboxing") can be bypassed. However, it would be such a rarity that it isn't anything to fret about.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.