Advanced Plus Security Shadowra's Gaming PC Config 2023

Last updated
Jan 1, 2023
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
VeraCrypt
Device sign-in security
    • Hardware security key
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
    • Account password
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Microsoft Defender Antivirus (High Level)
NetLimiter
VoodooShield Pro
Device firewall
Other - Next-generation Firewall (NGFW)
Custom security settings
Windows 11 Tweaked (removal of telemetry, spyware from Microsoft
NextDNS
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes Free, Norton Power Eraser
Malware sample testing
I participate in malware testing; details below
Environment for malware testing
VMware Workstation, PC dedied
Browsers and extensions
Opera One
Secure DNS
NextDNS - Anti-advertising, anti-phishing, telemetry blocking
Desktop VPN
Mullvad (VM)
IPVanish (Host)
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
Maintenance tools
PatchMyPCUpdater
Privazer
File and photo backups
Acronis (Ghost)
File backed up on my Asustor NAS with RAID 5
System recovery
Ghost with Acronis
My important files on my NAS with encryption and remote access disabled
Cloud - MEGA
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Browsing the dark web
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Requesting and accepting remote access
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
Same as 2022, I plan to change my tower soon for a new PC config
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

Shadowra

Level 42
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
High Reputation
Forum Veteran
Hello :)

Small update of my security config :)
My ASUS router is coming off because it's limiting me to 1Gbps.
I have a PRO offer from my operator so a Professional Internet box with more security features than the private ones (monitored firewall, port setting, VAC Anti-DDOS etc with Orange Cyber-Defense)
 
Not really, MBAM Premium is mostly for Web and scan.
VS if I ever run risky files and DeepInstinct my AV :p
I was running VS with DeepInstinct, but even though they had mutual exclusions, it certainly appeared that VS was blocking incoming info from Di management console, and it also looked like Di was blocking VS communication with VS server. You're not seeing any issues between VS & Di? :unsure: Cyberforce techs saw this, and I also alerted Dan... but understandably not a high priority for him.
 
I was running VS with DeepInstinct, but even though they had mutual exclusions, it certainly appeared that VS was blocking incoming info from Di management console, and it also looked like Di was blocking VS communication with VS server. You're not seeing any issues between VS & Di? :unsure: Cyberforce techs saw this, and I also alerted Dan... but understandably not a high priority for him.

So far, I haven't come across anything. DI blocks malware in my home very quickly

Couldn't you just use Malwarebytes Browser Guard for web instead?

Too many false positives, which annoy me ( it blocks downloads of files from Discord, even if users have hosted malware on them, which penalizes me).
 
So far, I haven't come across anything. DI blocks malware in my home very quickly



Too many false positives, which annoy me ( it blocks downloads of files from Discord, even if users have hosted malware on them, which penalizes me).
Bitdefender Traffic Light? I even think NextDNS and Brave's built in Google Safe Browsing is sufficient
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top