Advice Request Shield Antivirus.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Popolitus

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2014
are u talking about this?

Ezzy

Thread author
Oct 15, 2020
Reactions: Cortex

EndangeredPootis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Sep 8, 2019
That's the one.
Its an PUP, probably fake, often used by tech support scammers, ive seen it in Jim Browning's videos and virustotal tells it own story VirusTotal

EDIT: (Sorry for the off screen, I didnt realize I had messed up the OBS screen) at first glance I thought it was just another PUP using the avira engine (avira sure like to outsource their engine to PUP's btw), but I couldnt find any folders regarding definition updates, so im a bit skeptical of its legitimacy

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.