User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender with ConfigureDefender
Software Restriction Policy with Hard_Configurator
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Macrium Reflect does the job just fine...
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Chrome
Edge
Maintenance tools
Hard_Configurator, SysHardener, BandiZip, PatchCleaner, autoruns
File and Photo backup
Dropbox
OneDrive
GoogleDrive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect, Timeshift (Ubuntu)

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
@shmu26 - you might think about trying DrWeb 12. There is hidden stuff not in the marketing materials. You can ping me about it on our private channel if you wish.
But I heard that Dr. Web sigs are not so good?

Reactions: DeepWeb

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Don't believe everything you read, Dr.Web is still in the game. Boys ain't giving up anytime soon. I predict it will appear more often in MT with its renewed version and people using it.
Is the free beta the same build as the 3-month trial?

Is the full version better than the AV version?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
@SHvFl did you ever run Dr. Web with Comodo (firewall only)? Just curious
Do you have a crystal ball or something? I just installed this exact combo to try.

Dr.Web Anti-virus 12 + CF 11

EDIT: oh you guessed from the private chat at the other place. lol

Reactions: shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Do you have a crystal ball or something? I just installed this exact combo to try.

Dr.Web Anti-virus 12 + CF 11

EDIT: oh you guessed from the private chat at the other place. lol
No, it was my crystal ball. But if you guys are talking up Dr. Web over there, I think I will stalk your conversation...

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Do you consider yourself a "paranoid" with this setup? :LOL:
If you are asking about
Dr.Web Anti-virus 12 + CF 11 (firewall module only)
No, I would not call that paranoid. Dr. Web at default settings is just an AV, and Comodo with firewall only is nothing so special.
It was just an experiment, it's not my current setup.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
If you are asking about
Dr.Web Anti-virus 12 + CF 11 (firewall module only)
No, I would not call that paranoid. Dr. Web at default settings is just an AV, and Comodo with firewall only is nothing so special.
It was just an experiment, it's not my current setup.

No, my question was your setup with Appguard, etc.. It appears you changed your config. details. Or was I dreaming or something?? :LOL:

Reactions: stefanos and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
No, my question was your setup with Appguard, etc.. It appears you changed your config. details. Or was I dreaming or something?? :LOL:
I change it all the time. I play around with things.
Yes, any config that has Appguard + something else has got to be a paranoid config, or else a lazy config, or maybe just a stupid config.
You see, Appguard needs to be configured to get the most out of it. It's easier and lazier to just run Appguard without any serious policy tweaks, and combo it with something like OSArmor at max settings.

Reactions: oldschool
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Yes, any config that has Appguard + something else has got to be a paranoid config, or else a lazy config, or maybe just a stupid config.
Well, AppGuard still recommends to use antivirus software.
Can I still use my antivirus software if I have AppGuard? Yes and in fact we recommend you continue to have antivirus software. AppGuard is compatible with most widely used antivirus software tools including free ones. You can use your antivirus tool to periodically check your computer as a normal maintenance function which is good security practice.

Can I still use my built-in firewall protection? Yes, and again, we recommend using readily available security tools to help protect you. If you find the overhead of using these types of tools is too cumbersome, you can cease to use their active scanning mode. AppGuard protection will continue to protect you as your first line of defense.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.