Shocker's config

Shocker

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 15, 2013
That's about it but i like to experiment with different software to know what makes them so "Special" . But using a special word does not cut it so i am still in search of something that would change the rules of the playing field

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would like to suggest some backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both havve a very good free version. ;)

And maybe another on demand scanner such as EEK or Hitman Pro.

Shocker

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 15, 2013
I would like to suggest some backup software such as Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper both havve a very good free version. ;)

And maybe another on demand scanner such as EEK or Hitman Pro.

thanks for the info , going to try out the new software's

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
It looks good! As long as you know what you're doing, Windows Defender should hold up fine. I wouldn't depend on it. I would look for something with a better detection rate. Then again, I don't use a AV. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Shocker
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

Reactions: Shocker
L

LabZero

Good setup.
Windows Defender is enhanced in Windows 10 and guarantees a good level of protection in a normal use of your computer without installing any third party antivirus.
As @frogboy says it is important a backup and recovery plan to ensure data and OS security.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Good config! Thanks for sharing it :)
You might consider adding one or two more on demand scanners and a second browser

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Very fine configuration, a simplified setup which Windows Defender is pretty enough for low risk activity.

You may use Sandboxie as a part of virtualization and upon testing. Consider a backup program in case of emergency occurs where System Restore might fail to revert.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.