Shoud I add HMPA with Webroot + Appguard + Voodoshield?

Discussion in 'HitmanPro (Sophos)' started by weedeezee, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    Webroot is a mess. The last time I tried it I had similar issues. After opening 4 tickets in one day to whitelist, then noticing my 128GB SSD OS Drive was full because of WRDATA crap, I uninstalled it and the license went into the trash bin. Never again.

AtlBo and Umbra like this.
  2. weedeezee

weedeezee Level 2

Jun 20, 2017
    occasion
    where is can I download hmpa beta?

AtlBo likes this.
  3. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    weedeezee, AtlBo and frogboy like this.
  4. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    I went to look at ReHIPS but everything I have is blocking the DNS resolution of their websites, including DynDNS.. If I get time I will look into it further.

AtlBo and shmu26 like this.
  5. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    Yes, they had a DNS problem.You need to get the link to the new site, it is in the thread that I posted. Look for the posts from @Recrypt, he is the dev.
    Not only that, but when you finally get to downloading it, Chrome will say that it is malicious.
    And if you manage to get past that, Kaspersky will do everything it can to prevent you from installing and running it.
    It is so good, it's wicked!

AtlBo and XhenEd like this.
  6. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    AppGuard LLC Virginia, U.S.
    You have to make the HMP.A CryptoGuard folder an "exception" (=Read\Write) on the Guarded Apps tab > Settings.

If I remember correctly, the file path is C:\Windows\CryptoGuard. @Umbra is that still the correct file path ?

7. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    Well this could get ugly for me.. Fortinet E series on the gateway. FortiSandbox on unknown files. Untangle Transparent behind that with 2 AV's and Web Filtration. Forticlient+VS on the endpoints. I might have to spend some time disabling security across the board to even take a look at it.

Is it because he hasn't digitally signed any of it or uses suspect packers?

AtlBo and shmu26 like this.
  8. Umbra

Umbra From Emsisoft
    Developer

May 16, 2011
    Community manager
    Vietnam & France
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Yep

weedeezee, AtlBo and shmu26 like this.
  9. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    It is digitally signed. For some reason, Google security doesn't like it, and there is no one to talk to at google -- it is a totally automated system. I am just guessing, but I think that the name "ReCrypt" and the Russian subforum on the site makes the whole thing look suspicious to Google AI.
    All you have to do is use a non-chrome-based browser to download it, and then everything should be fine, as long as you are not running Kaspersky.

10. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    You can temporarily disable the Chrome download protection and then re-enable it after the download is complete. Anyone try that first ?

Umbra, AtlBo and shmu26 like this.
  11. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 21

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    Don't most people turn off Chrome download protection anyway for privacy concerns?

Drinking Vodka or using Russian Dressing makes you suspicious these days. :p

shmu26 likes this.
  12. Lockdown

Lockdown From AppGuard
    Developer

Oct 24, 2016
    Most users don't even know there is a ON-OFF switch for it. :(

shmu26 likes this.
  13. weedeezee

weedeezee Level 2

Jun 20, 2017
    occasion
  14. shmu26

shmu26 Level 53

Jul 3, 2015
    Utopia
    If you drink vodka while talking excitedly in Russian about kernel exploits and UAC bypasses, well, that's almost grounds for arrest by Interpol...