Advice Request Should I be worried about installing Epic Game Store on PC?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
According to CEO Tim Sweeney, that gave Tencent a 40 percent stake in his company
some are alleging that Epic isn’t in control of its own affairs.
Epic says that’s not true.
1+1=2, shareholders are in control of the company, Tencent owns 40% (for now), ditto Tencent is in control and Epic makes a lot, a lot of excuses:

They do not talk to us about what we’re doing. They don’t suggest what we should be doing. They don’t make any decisions for us. They ...
Tencent did not invest money, just because they like epic games, they want something in return and want to make profit of it and Tencent sells data.

Have you EGS installed on PC?
No. I have created an account using FB, grabbed a few free games, but I do not intend to play them any time soon, just keeping my options open.

Attachments

• capture_04072019_133615.jpg
    capture_04072019_133615.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 310

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
1+1=2, shareholders are in control of the company, Tencent owns 40% (for now), ditto Tencent is in control and Epic makes a lot, a lot of excuses:

Tencent did not invest money, just because they like epic games, they want something in return and want to make profit of it and Tencent sells data.

No. I have created an account using FB, grabbed a few free games, but I do not intend to play them any time soon, just keeping my options open.
Totally agreed! My approach is exactly the same as yours.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.