Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Yes, but I see that when using Photoshop or any other Adobe Software, mainly when Creative Cloud is updating or seething like that. They're heavy.

With Norton I guess it left more RAM to Photoshop and this didn't happen anymore.
Just "exclude" Adobe and CC from being scanned by Kaspersky...Settings>Exclusions.

Dex4Sure

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
May 14, 2019
AVs saved me when I'm visiting sites for download series or software.

Norton in the past blocked a site to watch series who had a threat and KSN after I download Photoshop (now I pay for it because it's my job) stopped a threat by cloud protection.

Very likely Microsoft SmartScreen filter or Google Chrome's own web filter would have caught those downloads as well. Its not like you don't have an AV if you don't use 3rd party AV on Windows 10. I'm personally just using WD + AdGuard and have WD browser extension on Chrome. Haven't had infections in ages... Literally last time I had infection must've been early Windows 7 days, like 2009 or 2010 or so.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.