Battle Should I continue with Trend Micro Antivirus (Paid) or go with free antivirus?

gery79

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
My trend micro expires soon, and i wonder if i should keep paying for it or move towards free antivirus with a firewall setup.

Last edited by a moderator:

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Please think that protection is necessary and indispensable.
If you do not go to dangerous or underground places, I think that it is effective even for free AV and FW. However, most of the free version is not supported, so I think that it is better to consider if you have used such a service so far.
For Windows 10, defender and comodo FW think that it is effective for defense considerably, but the way of comodo is a rough road. It will not be bored for a while due to its usage and settings. And it is a product that you may want to rely on kind support. However MT has a lot of pioneers so you do not need to worry. maybe.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

my trend micro expires soon and i wonder if i should keep paying for it or move towards free av fw set up.

If you like it, keep it.

You can buy legitimate licenses on Ebay for like $2 or so.. Once you get the serial and plug it into your Trend account it's yours and it won't be deactivated. Also, since Trend will go back a decade on old licenses, you can still use un-activated licenses from Pc-Cillan days believe it or not.

My personal opinion of the company or product isn't relevant so I won't share it. AV's are often personal decisions based on many factors, not just raw protection power but usability, performance, and how it suites your particular network. So it's almost free and if it suites you, why change?

Last edited by a moderator:

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
i have currently 3 User 1 year Trend Micro Internet Security License, but i don't using them , as it's take too much resources on my system , :(so i uninstalled & not using them, using ESET Internet Security & happy with it :cool:

That's true...TM can be heavy on systems. The problem is that the users don't have any options to tweak it for lightness. There is gdata for example better.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Just as others have posted, I find it to be too heavy for my liking. Surprisingly, it often does well in performance tests.

However, if it's working well for you and not slowing down your system, I see no reason to switch products.

Reactions: bribon77

uninfected1

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2016
it's a 6 month license and Panda is a huge downgrade from Trend Micro.
Where's the dislike button when you need it LOL?

As I've said to you before, it wouldn't matter if it was the best security suite ever, you would still find fault with it. You call yourself a tester yet you freely admitted on a previous thread that you would be looking to find fault with it even before you'd tried it, hardly the open minded approach of any tester worth their salt. You also criticised Panda Dome Essential for not having ransomware protection.This advanced version has, but no doubt you will find other things to moan about, possibly the time it takes to decide whether or not something is malicious, or maybe the free trial conditions, as you have done in the past.

Just out of interest, what do you think of the Dome firewall? Those who have tested it here such as @ForgottenSeer 58943 think it's outstanding and one of the best ever.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.