Advice Request Should I enable these two video players on animedao?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Hello everyone. I want to reach out you guys to ask if I should enable these two video players implemented onto the site because these two video players got flagged as JS/Adware from ESET Nod32. I reached out ESET forum to ask if this is false positive and so far I only got a response for the second detection on the second video player and not the first one. The question is should I enable these two video players?

The site is clean from VT scan.
Click on any of the anime series and then you have option to choose the video player. The two video players got flagged as a threat are RapidVideo and VCDN video player

Screenshot_2.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's just Adware redirects whenever you click on the fake Play button overlay.

Example:

You get sent to a random site, mainly Adware-related:

1562604414937.png

Disable Javascript to hide whatever is overlaying the video player.

Now you can play the video.

1562604656404.png

Last edited:

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
It's just Adware redirects whenever you click on the fake Play button overlay.

Example:
View attachment 216399

You get sent to a random site, mainly Adware-related:

View attachment 216397

Disable Javascript to hide whatever is overlaying the video player.

View attachment 216398

Now you can play the video.

View attachment 216401

I can enable the video player and play the video player without any redirect, but how can you disable it on UBO? If I disable Javascript on that site than the site will not function properly.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I can enable the video player and play the video player without any redirect, but how can you disable it on UBO? If I disable Javascript on that site than the site will not function properly.

Here are some thoughts: In @Spawn's example he uses Brave browser which allows enable/disable individual scripts. You can see which one not to enable (the redirect) and you find which script is the one you need. I don't know if other browsers give you the same granular control. Maybe try Brave or Brave Beta for some of your activities.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Like everyone said it's not the video player, the website loads a malicious javascript and Eset is blocking that. I don't know if it was you but someone on the Eset forum recently posted about the same thing about another anime website and I explained him the reason there too. On my Firefox where I have uMatrix installed I don't see an Eset alert as uMatrix is already stopping that javascript from loading and I can play videos without any issue. But if I open it in Edge then I see the alert from Eset. In my experince, Eset is actually better than most AVs at blocking this types of malicious javascript. So, it's not a false positive. You may check Window_Security's post on the forum about how to use uMatrix and uBlock Origin in medium mode.

Reactions: oldschool and Ink

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Do you use uBO in advance mode?

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.